May / June 2019 Anonymous 100 word challenge discussion thread

Just back from a 10 day vacation and mostly offline. Looks like I missed all the guessing fun. A new clue: Only one person guessed me correctly.

Congratulations, Peter V!

Sorry. A bit later than promised, here are the authors.

AshleyneFill Yourselves
DaysmanClone in Law
CathbadDouble Cross
StarbeastEvil of Me
chrispenycateSupertrooper
dannymcgOnly the best will do
MikeAndersonThe Me, Myself, and I Mafia.
elvetTHE CLONE EXPERIMENTS: WHAT WENT WRONG?
Victoria SilverwolfIt's Only Natural
mosaixPay Attention!
HummusThe Changeling
johnnyjetThe Dark Side of the Mirror
june47thA Strange Bus
Peter VSwitched at Re-birth
ParsonNo One Is Free Until the Clones Are
M. Robert GibsonMaster of the World
Ian FortytwoScience Wins through.
farntfardummy

Now that we have the ‘reveal’, I can talk a bit about my story. I’ve always been curious about how different clones would be just because of life experiences alone. We’ve all heard of people cloning their beloved pets - well, do you really get them back, or now is your dog afraid to swim because it fell off the dock whereas the original had no fear of the water?
Anyhow, I tried to explore that in 100 words, and it was a monster. It turned into something else at the end, rather tortured, with formatting and colours to try and get the message across. Poor Farntfar had to have instructions as to how to post it, and I apologise for the fussiness. The minute I posted it, I hated it. That is the first time I’ve felt that way about a story. I should have known it wasn’t going to work when It took me a week to edit the title alone.

When the "Idea Light Bulb" switched on in my mind, I thought about a 1979 TV movie, The Darker Side of Terror. So I took a little inspiration from that and shoved it in a blender with a hard boiled egg, and presto.

I'm not surprised I was guessed a couple of times, but actually would have thought that there would be more. My stories seem to have a certain sameness about them. That said, I actually liked my clone story quite well. The inspiration came from a short story (maybe a novella?) from decades ago where there were a series of clones whho made up a U.N. police force and they were identical with similar likes and dislikes but differing in their experiences. One of the things that they were hunting was people who produced clones in a way that made the mentally unstable.

The inspiration came from a short story (maybe a novella?) from decades ago where there were a series of clones whho made up a U.N. police force and they were identical with similar likes and dislikes but differing in their experiences. One of the things that they were hunting was people who produced clones in a way that made the mentally unstable
@Parson ....you just had to do it, didn't you!

Now the compulsion has kicked in and that's yet another story, I'll lay sleeplessly in bed and scowl at the ceiling while my subconscious tries to identify :cautious::giggle: