Title for a Science Fiction magazine?

Bob makes me think of Blackadder.

This suggestion isn't quite there... maybe you good people could play with it...

Awe Way
I quite like the word Awe in the title, as it suggests tales of awe, so a bit like Astounding Stories, one of the original sf mags.

But Awe Way sounds (in my mind) a bit like "always", or "a' (all) the way". Too much of a pun, for me.

That said (and this could be a worse pun), you could make it Interplanetary AweWays. I was going to suggest British AweWays, but that would definitely run afoul of a certain airline's lawyers.

The only other thing I can think of right now is a bit left field, but if you're imagining "Awe Way" as a play on the word away, then, Over the Stars and Far Away, perhaps? Which riffs off the old song.

Again, Serendipity, what sort of image do you want to convey with the title, and what would you wish to include?

If all else fails, you could do an Asimov, and call it, Serendipity SF. A lot of readers would simply pick up on the word, and not realise it's a forum name.

Mesopic Luminance... Mesopic Logic...
Meso-luminance... Meso-logic...

Mesopic vision is the is the range of shift in your vision where both cones (photopic vision) and rods (scotopic vision) are in use. So, though you can still see color, you also can see better into the darkness. IOW roughly, a full range of vision.

K2

Last edited:
I quite like the word Awe in the title, as it suggests tales of awe, so a bit like Astounding Stories, one of the original sf mags.

But Awe Way sounds (in my mind) a bit like "always", or "a' (all) the way". Too much of a pun, for me.

That said (and this could be a worse pun), you could make it Interplanetary AweWays. I was going to suggest British AweWays, but that would definitely run afoul of a certain airline's lawyers.

The only other thing I can think of right now is a bit left field, but if you're imagining "Awe Way" as a play on the word away, then, Over the Stars and Far Away, perhaps? Which riffs off the old song.

Again, Serendipity, what sort of image do you want to convey with the title, and what would you wish to include?

If all else fails, you could do an Asimov, and call it, Serendipity SF. A lot of readers would simply pick up on the word, and not realise it's a forum name.
Many thanks for your thoughts - I doubt whether my potential co-conspirators would let me get away with Serendipity SF...

Okay - I promised of titles suggested so far in one spot... here it is... from the serious to the jokey.... thank you to all who suggested them.
  • Dark Matters
  • Pulsar
  • Otherworlds
  • Journal of the Association of Space Pilots and Experimental Rocketeers (JASPER)
  • Throb
  • Fuzzy SF
  • The Speculative Gnome
  • Auspace
  • 4Telling
  • Lazy Eight
  • Fare Forward Voyagers
  • Beyond Words
  • Read Between the Lines
  • Just a Matter of Time Travel
  • No Care in the Worlds
  • Speed of Light
  • Bob...
  • Final Frontier
  • Bob McBobface
  • Bob Throbmacbobface
  • Beings Of Brilliance
  • Muon Rouge
  • pIon the Skies
  • Up the Down Quark
  • WOOF!
  • Wibble
  • many-worlds interpretation
  • MWI-decoherence
  • Interplanetary AweWays
  • Over the Stars and Far Away
  • Serendipity SF
  • Also
  • Mesopic Luminance... Mesopic Logic...
  • Meso-luminance... Meso-logic...
  • This Is The Last Magazine You Will Ever Need To Read For Your Sci-Fi Connection--Because It Will Permanently Damage Your Retina
  • Future Visions
  • YAM (Yet Another Magazine)
  • Robert
  • I, Robert
  • Astounding, Weird, Exciting Stories Of Mythical Epicness (AWESOME)
  • Up From The Skies

Back