The Chrons guide to the greatest sci-fi films of all time apart from 1970 onwards because WIRED doesn't know what "all time" means

Here's one many don't know, a musical at that! From 1930 looking forward to the distant future of 1980; Just Imagine:

K2

Here's one many don't know, a musical at that! From 1930 looking forward to the distant future of 1980; Just Imagine:
I only watched a little. They predicted "Hoodies", but not the fall in the popularity of marriage. The door bell seems ostentatious. I stopped when he got out the guitar and was going to sing.

I only watched a little. They predicted "Hoodies", but not the fall in the popularity of marriage. The door bell seems ostentatious. I stopped when he got out the guitar and was going to sing.
Were Hoodies a 'thing' in 1980 Dave?
I can't remember them back then, it was all like New Romance stuff wasn't it?

Hoodie? In the first few minutes there is an electric hand dryer (1921 patented, yet not popular until '48), security cameras, video-phones, re-animation or perhaps cloning... It's the future!

K2

Just Imagine. They got the long shirt collar tips right. Nurses wearing hotpants missed the mark, while the hemlines got shorter, they were replaced by pants before they got that short.

Since the rules are always changing, a new category for cult films could be old black and white movies and silent films that relatively few are watching now but did really good at the box office when first released.

1925 - The Lost Continent

1933 - King Kong

I never get tired of watching the original King Kong, it just doesn't age for me. The dark black and white sets make the whole movie seamlessly fit together.

K2

A very painful film to watch.:eek:

I seen half hour of it, going back to finish it. The hoodies just covered the head and shoulders for flying in an open cockpit, probably was already a real article of clothing. Sometimes the props open up more doors than the dialogs.

It should be science fiction and fantasy movies.

Just Imagine the movie, the songs are terrible, the flight to Mars so far unmemorable. The guy they resurrected is a comic relief version of Dracula's servant, Renfield.