Regional (?) interpretations of words

If I said I’m scundered it would mean I’ve done something stupid and feel a bit wick - both mean embarrassed
Not the same thing then, after all. Scunnered is disgusted. Also heard it as a noun: 'such and such is a scunner'; that's slightly less common though, and I've usually heard it used that way with an expressive adjective before it.

Sorry to tangentially derail the thread. At least I'm not talking about crotches (about which Mouse is right, by the way (crutch seriously winds me up)).

Not the same thing then, after all. Scunnered is disgusted. Also heard it as a noun: 'such and such is a scunner'; that's slightly less common though, and I've usually heard it used that way with an expressive adjective before it.

Sorry to tangentially derail the thread. At least I'm not talking about crotches (about which Mouse is right, by the way (crutch seriously winds me up)).

Apparently they use scunner in Donegal

just vacu-formed tack
I'm with Parson on this: "tack" made me think of hardtack... something inadvertantly reinforced by the use of "vacu-formed", which caused an image of vacuum-packed** hardtack to pop into my head.

** - Perhaps the vacuum-packing helps avoid the need for chisels that Parson mentioned... leaving them sharp enough to produce the fluting on those columns you mentioned.....