DISCUSSION THREAD, May 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

Good work Shyrka.
thanks very much to Cat's Cradle for the mention.
I believe the secret ingredient to the success of all the entries this month was;

WHIMSY!! :X3:

Seriously, I felt it in every story and enjoyed it immensely.
See ya in the funny papers!

Congratulations Shyrka

Two other animals worth mentioning @TheDustyZebra & @HareBrain Excellent job.​

My Story: Based on a real creature, that once existed, the North American Lion (Panthera Atrox). I simply mixed in a dangerous animal that could easily defeat an average bear. And of course, using myself as the narrator of a face-to-face encounter with a huge beast, which was perceived as a monster many years ago.

Plus, a huge THANK YOU to those who mentioned my tale.​

Last edited:
How about one of these?
...but no mention of tudorpunk?

well I did a quick google search and apart from some pinterest pic's, which I can't get to at work so can't comment on their authenticity, there wasn't much. two of the links on the first page were to chrons 75 word discussion threads, both referencing Tudorpunk and in the style of Kipling...

so it seems this forum is the best place for Tudorpunk experts.

by the way, is Tudorpunk in the style of Kipling still banned?

by the way, is Tudorpunk in the style of Kipling still banned?

It's being held back for now. When the challenge has been run for 21 years, the 42 members who have won the greatest number of times will be entered into the Grand Final (whether or not they are still members of Chrons, or indeed still alive) in which "Tudorpunk in the style of Kipling" will be both theme and genre. The winner will be given the ability to read everyone's PMs, and all the others will be forever entombed in the Terry Goodkind discussion forum.

It's being held back for now. When the challenge has been run for 21 years, the 42 members who have won the greatest number of times will be entered into the Grand Final (whether or not they are still members of Chrons, or indeed still alive) in which "Tudorpunk in the style of Kipling" will be both theme and genre. The winner will be given the ability to read everyone's PMs, and all the others will be forever entombed in the Terry Goodkind discussion forum.
will this final competition be held in a futuristic arena controlled by the mods, with GM wasps, a big horn filled with weapons, lightning and fire, Jennifer Lawrence and other things I can't remember? possibly called "The Chron Games"?

Once in three and a half years did you say?

Mmm... we need a better prize...

The Dignified Congratulations/Grovelling Admiration of Your Peers and the challenge of choosing next month's theme and genre is more than enough, thank you. :D

Well done @Shyrka (How do we pronounce your name? Shirker? Shire Car?)

I've heard all sorts of attempts, including "Shriker" and "Shakira", but it's meant to be "Shirker":

Congratulations @Shyrka ..... A wonderful story which I voted for and certainly would again. ................ it's meant to be "Shirker"!!!!! I always pronounced it Shy-ra-ka .... How far did I miss that anyway??

I also have to confess to not following the theme close enough. I should have given "Visitation" a much larger role. --- I wondered if anyone got the pun? A parson out on "visitation?" ..... Have to admit I got that from a friend who had a boat and named it "Visitation" because he thought that it sounded good if the pastor was out on "visitation."

mosaix: By Hook or by crook?

johnnyjet: Man's best fiend.

Ivy Moser: Garbage in, people out.

Perpetual Man: Evaders of the Lost Ark.

TheDustyZebra: To every wing, there is a season.

LittleStar: To dispel the truth.

Ursa major: Blue genes.

HazelRah: Salinginger.

Mr Orange: Misherd.

I was away from the computer for several days, so apologies for missing the voting period.

Congratulations to Shyrka for the Gold, TheDustyZebra for the Silver, and HareBrain for the Bronze.

Many thanks for those who thought my little joke worthy of a vote or mention.

Many Congratulations indeed @Shyrka

Many thanks for the shortlisting @HazelRah

I've been away from the internet for a few days (though I did manage to vote) so I'm just catching up now.

It's funny how it goes, isn't it? My story (Raven's Home) was one of the very few that I've entered that I've felt truly pleased with. There've been others that I thought were OK, and I was just pleased to be able to come up with something, and to my pleasant surprise they've then garnered a vote or two and some mentions. But this latest one was perfect as far as I was concerned. On the rare occasions when I feel strongly about one of my stories it usually goes pretty much unnoticed (thank you again Hazelrah!). I'm not looking for feedback or improving suggestions, because I'm delighted with the story. It's just interesting how one's inner world does not necessarily resonate with others.

Back