DISCUSSION THREAD, May 2019 75-Word Writing Challenge

What a terrific genre, Teresa! (And the theme seems perfectly matched.) Never written something like this, so I'll have to take a few long nature walks, and see what tall tales animals tell each other in my part of the world.

Fun story, Ahsleyne. :)

Does this mean giraffe stories?

Update: I've got a tale, 78 words!

Last edited:
Sounds intriguing, danny. One can imagine giraffes figuring in somebody's extraordinary adventures, and not just because of their height.

Sounds intriguing, danny. One can imagine giraffes figuring in somebody's extraordinary adventures, and not just because of their height.
I've had a ponder about this while doing the school run and I'm changing the animals and locale, otherwise it'll be way too 'tropish'

I can see a story forming about catching the smallest fish ever. Honest, it was a right tiddler.

*looks for my translator*
Tiddler is a small fish. It is also used heavily in Black Country slang (where I live) for anything really small rather than the alternative of 'a right whopper'. However, on a quick search I've found it is also used as a term for a certain adult game. It's true that you learn something new every day.

So many true ‘unbelievable’ animal stories in my experiences, I am overwhelmed. I will have to take a step back and approach this from a different perspective.

When I saw the theme, my mind went blank. When an idea came to me, I went with it, fearing I'd not get another one! Hope it pleases someone... my cat sure ain't happy about it!

Hope it pleases someone... my cat sure ain't happy about it!
FB_IMG_1556711341704.jpg

This seems to be a well received challenge and will be very different to last month's dark places I would think.
Some super early entries, bar is gonna be pretty high!

This seems to be a well received challenge and will be very different to last month's dark places I would think.
Some super early entries, bar is gonna be pretty high!

What are you implying? Others with less callused skin would take offence. However, I'd like to point out the below quotes in support.

"Darlings, such a delightful combination. " Barbara Cartland
"Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at any who doth protest." William Shakespeare
"Quoth the Raven 'More, more'.” Edgar Allan Poe
"Nobody's ever been more successful than me." Donald Trump
"Ug!" Zog, chief designer of the Lascaux Caves

What are you implying?
Ah, I never said last month wasn't great, because it was and prompted some fantastic content. And many said how refreshingly different it was.
Variety is the spice of life, and that's certainly what we are getting.

Back