New Kindle?

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
Okay, so I pad $5 for one month of an on-line pdf converter, because I have 3 stories I'm going to ublish on kindle at the ready, and another one will be ready by month's end... only to discover I don't need them!!

Yeah... well, Kindle seems to have made things smoother and easier...those 2 stories will be out soon!

Do you mean your files are in pdf and you convert them to mobi or you are converting them to a pdf to upload amazon to convert to mobi.
I've never dealt with pdf because it's simple to upload the file in windows word .doc and .docx format directly to amazon and let them convert them.

Seems like the Amazon publishing system is evolving into a system that relies on other companies programs to format books and less on their own products.

Do you mean your files are in pdf and you convert them to mobi or you are converting them to a pdf to upload amazon to convert to mobi.
I've never dealt with pdf because it's simple to upload the file in windows word .doc and .docx format directly to amazon and let them convert them.
It used to be I needed to load a pdf file into the Kindle creator - now it can take a Word file!

I started with kindle create, then I got Kindle create add on for word. It was easy to operate for ebooks and print books. Then they updated it and removed features for the print book, making it less automatic. Then they ditched that kindle create word add on and comic create. Now they only have a stand alone kindle create. For all the different things I am now doing, it turns out I can now do more with word than with the kindle create.