Star Trek - Discovery - 2.13: Such Sweet Sorrow, part 1

If they boldly going into the future to have adventures , that would be different.

I think you're reading far too much into that, buddy. If last season set the standard, this storyline is completed this next episode.

Then what are your thought on season 3 ? Where does Discovery go after. the finale ?

@BAYLOR you really shouldn't read what we write before watching the show, because no one knows where this ride is going. It is all conjecture. We were completely wrong about the identity of the Red Angel (as was every pundit on the Internet) and so I'm sure the story won't be any of the ideas posted here either. It is fun to muse about it, and yes, the in current story the idea is that Discovery will jump into the future, but who knows what will actually happen?

@BAYLOR you really shouldn't read what we write before watching the show, because no one knows where this ride is going. It is all conjecture. We were completely wrong about the identity of the Red Angel (as was every pundit on the Internet) and so I'm sure the story won't be any of the ideas posted here either. It is fun to muse about it, and yes, the in current story the idea is that Discovery will jump into the future, but who knows what will actually happen?

Dave , I like to speculate . That's all.:)

A new storyline!

It worked in Seasons 1 & 2 - why would they change it?

Something just occurred to me. Okay, consider this, they're doing a section 31 tv series and It's set in the Discovery timeline right? And they also recreated the bride of the Enterprise , built a set . I donor think we've seen the last of Captain Pike , I think it possible we might see him and the Enterprise pop up in the Section 31 series at some point.

They have built a set for the bridge of the Enterprise, but aren’t there meant to be 12 Constitution class ships? These set could therefore be used for other ships.

They have built a set for the bridge of the Enterprise, but aren’t there meant to be 12 Constitution class ships? These set could therefore be used for other ships.

True

Fans are petitioning for a Captain Pike series. Anson Mount really made a great impression on the fans as Captain Pike. If they did a Pike series, Id watch it . :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: ctg
True

Fans are petitioning for a Captain Pike series. Anson Mount really made a great impression on the fans as Captain Pike. If they did a Pike series, Id watch it . :cool:
Weren't you the one b*tching because they didn't go further into the future? Just sayin'...

;)

Before Discovery I would have "bitched" about the prospect of a "Captain Pike" series too. I'd have thought that the opportunity for new stories would be too narrow. I'd have said it would just be another original series reboot. I'd ask why their technology was behind things we have today and how that could possibly work, etc. Now I would be much more relaxed. I have also never complained about having too much Star Trek, even at the height of the DS9/Voyager/TNG Movies era before the lean years came. That would be the concern though - that other people got bored with too much Trek and it all stops again.

I'm streaming this at an episode a day (more or less) rate. And I have a peeve that no one seems to be talking about. --- I've not read the earlier discussion of the earlier episodes, so maybe they have. ---- I know I've been grumping about this situation for a while now, it's not new to this series. But this first half of "Such Sweet Sorrow" had me literally yelling at the TV and muting it because everyone has to chat up everyone at the last minute of crisis. I HATE! all of the maudlin communication between the characters. The timeline (as discussed above) was way, way, beyond believable, but still the story seems to use all of the time they have discussing relationships. If there is time for that, it comes before or more likely after the crisis, not when there's a literal clock ticking. In the crisis I want to see people at work, making contingency plans. If these things go on during the battle itself I might just scream!

*My suspicion is that a few of these characters might never be on camera again in this role and so they had to give them a big emotional scene here. But, this show seems to have a knack for resurrecting people after they are assumed dead and gone. I suspect that this very questionable technique came into play with The Search for Spock.

Back