Travel to unknown underwater society and escaped to 100 years in the past?

Stra

Trying to remember the name of a book where they travelled to this "perfect" unknown society. They soon realize it's far from perfect and try to leave. The society elders finally let them leave but they wind up 100 years in the past...help!! :)

Hello Stra
In your heading it says 'perfect underwater society' but in your question it says 'perfect unknown society'

Can you clarify please?
Cheers

Oops - it is an unknown underwater society. It was in a dome like structure that was huge and I think there were tram like transports from area to area.

I've changed the title for you. How old is this book? It wouldn't be Vingt mille lieues sous les mers: Tour du monde sous-marin (Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea: A Tour of the Underwater World) or the sequel, L'Île mystérieuse (The Mysterious Island)?

I know the story, I think. They produced embryos and used them to implant minds of old members of their hidden society which provided a type of immortality. And they kidnap humans from the surface who discover the alternative humans. Or when they feel like it. Don't remember the author/title. I had to abandon the book, some details were extremely disturbing. Read it more than 12-14 years ago, that I know, the library where I found the book closed some 12-14 years ago. I don't think it helps, sorry.

Back