In love with this theme, please recommend more

Lightiningsha

Over the course of my many fantasy readings I’ve realized I am in love with this theme/trope where a usurper comes along and shatters the royal family apart and they are forced into hiding to recoup and retake their kingdom.

Some following this theme I’ve enjoyed are (minor spoilers from usually the first book of the series):

Acacia Trilogy (David Anthony Durham)
King Rolen’s Kin (Rowena Cory Daniells)
Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne (Brian Stavely)

Ascendance Trilogy(Jennifer Neilsen)
Farseer Trilogy (Robin Hobb) (sort of on this vein)

Hopefully there are more stories out there like these that you guys can recommend me.

I don't really read books in this way, but off the top of my head the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series by Tad Williams and Dune by Frank Herbert both include deposed royals trying to regain their kingdoms.

A Song of Ice and Fire by GRR Martin is probably the single biggest example I can think of this theme, to the point where I am struggling to think of anything else. So I'll put this down and have a bit more of a think.

Oh I knew I was forgetting some that follow this theme. It was so long ago, but yes I have read Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn (loved it) and Song of Ice and Fire. (time to update my post)

Dune I have heard of, but haven't gotten around to it. I wonder if I have read all there is on this theme.

Tanya Huff - The Silvered. Invasion rather than usurper but similar. Starts with someone not of Royal Family - actually the Pack - ruling family are a mix of werewolves and mages - and follows that person and some of the Royals.

Oh I knew I was forgetting some that follow this theme. It was so long ago, but yes I have read Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn (loved it) and Song of Ice and Fire. (time to update my post)

Dune I have heard of, but haven't gotten around to it. I wonder if I have read all there is on this theme.

The Malacia Tapestry by Brain Aldiss
The Ship of Ishtar by Abraham Merritt
Magus Rex by Jack Lovejoy
Bridge of Birds by Barry Hughart
The Birthgrave by Tanith Lee
Beauty by Sheri S. Tepper
The High House by James Stoddard
The False House by Jame Stoddard