Angry Robot open door for May

Good luck Scookey... you are now in flight... (hope I got the date right).

In another forum (absolutewrite) Cameron Johnston, one of Angry Robot's authors, asked the editorial team about this open door -
  • About 600 submissions have been received
  • The team is about half way through the reading and sorting process
Which means over one percent of submissions have come from members of this forum this time round.

Hope this helps...

Saw this in the Robot newsletter:

In other news, as you may be aware, our open submission window has now closed, but we wanted to take the opportunity to say how incredibly delighted we've been with both the volume and quality we received. We're hoping to have gone through all the entries by the end of next month, so if you entered, watch your inboxes!

Saw this in the Robot newsletter:

In other news, as you may be aware, our open submission window has now closed, but we wanted to take the opportunity to say how incredibly delighted we've been with both the volume and quality we received. We're hoping to have gone through all the entries by the end of next month, so if you entered, watch your inboxes!
I can see why you're keeping an eagle-eye on Angry Robot news... good luck!

So still some slight chance then? Please like Dozy Wayster, please like Dozy Wayster..... (continues in head ad infinitum).
Good luck everyone. For who ever gets chosen it will be life changing. :D

Excellent: in the highly unlikely event that they'll be asking me for a full, I have much more time (based on my late May submission) to refine all those pages they haven't yet seen.

(Question to self: Why on Earth did you say it was excellent? Is it even vaguely good? Aren't you opening up a can of worms?)

Having submitted on day one, I kinda assume hearing nothing by now means I'll hear nothing. On to the next project!
(Sorry, new here and been lurking to find out about this specific submission) ANYWAY - I don't think they've sent out any requests yet. Cameron Johnston said on the watercooler, "Currently they are about half way through the reading and sorting process, so I would imagine that people might start hearing more at the end of the month if AR are interested." and in all my searching I have not found a single person who said they received a request. I could be wrong, but I think they're going to read everything and then send out requests of their top whatever number.

At least that's my headcannon based on the currently available info.

I didn't get an acknowledgement either, Jo, but I tweeted them and they said they'd received it so I didn't resend.