DISCUSSION -- April 2019 - 75 Word Challenge

I love it when the voting gets spread around a fair number of entrants, and not just because that means the likes of I have more chance of picking up the odd vote. I mean in this latest challenge @twenty of us got at least one vote, which means that each of those twenty was considered the very best by the person who voted for them. That's a wonderful reflection of the variety of tastes of those involved.

And even if I don't get a vote or "mention", I'm always very chuffed to have come up with something. One of my very favourite stories got zero on both counts, but I still get tremendous pleasure when I think of it.

Anyway
Many many thanks @dannymcg, @Ivy Moser , @Cat's Cradle , @Teresa Edgerton , @HareBrain , @Hummus

Here's my list of entries that caught my eye and/or tickled my fancy
Bringing Life to a Conversation - @Pedro Del Mar
Special Delvery - @nixie
recens oculi - @Mr Orange
The Transformation House - @Christopher Lee
If these walls could talk... - @Dr_R_Dizzle

And my vote went to...
Served Cold - @The Judge
P.S. Surely Christopher Lee has us all at a disadvantage with this genre?
View attachment 52023View attachment 52024
Haha thanks for the shoutout Mr. Gibson. I wish that was all I required to get a leg up on the competition. Alas, it is not.

Also, thank you The Judge for the short list as well. I’ve been away a while, so to still get so many short list mentions is a real honor.

Congratulations, Teresa!

Last edited:
Congratulations Teresa Edgerton

And great job @Cat's Cradle & @mosaix

My Story - Due to me remembering November's 85 Challenge (since I was last here), I thought the 75 was now and forever 85 words.
So this serious mistake cost me an entry. Anyway, here is my voided post.

Tenebris Aetate Aedificium

"Your eminence. I've translated the text. There's good news, and bad news."

"Bad news?"

"A 400 foot leviathan, will instinctively be drawn to this building, next month."

"WHAT?!"

"This place was designed to attract it."

"God, help us...."

"The good news is, the monster will accidentally impale itself on this building's spires.
Then humankind enjoys a thousand years of peace.
There'll be singing flowers, Pringles, chocolate, a petting zoo..."

"Give me, that book!" (pluck) "Hmm..........it does say that."

"God is mysterious, but very cool."
Thanks for posting Starbeast!
I can definitely add this to my list of ones that make me smile!!! :)

Once again, you all blow me away with your clever interpretations on the theme! It is so fun the read everyone’s unique angle. And, once again, it was very hard to choose! Below is my list from my second read-through, and I know if I’d kept reading, I would have added more :)
Thanks Parson and Victoria Silverwolf for your wonderful reviews! And thank you Starbeast and nixie for the mentions! (Starbeast I didn’t get to read your story—I hope you can post it after voting!)

@Cat's Cradle From That Room a Ruin
@Victoria Silverwolf A Warning to Wanderers
@Luiglin Whispered sweet nothings
@Mr Orange recens oculi
@Christopher Lee The Transformation House
@Stable It Contains Legions
@chrispenycate The Lair of the Fugue
@Parson Sanctuary
@Culhwch Tyrant’s Last Stand
@HareBrain A PREMATURE END
@Teresa Edgerton Voracious

This batch below made me smile :)
@Pedro Del Mar Bringing Life to a Conversation
@nixie Special Delvery
@dannymcg I would do anything
@elvet The Lady of the Manor
@LittleStar The Roommate Revival –great BBT reference! :)
@Alex The G and T Transient Victory
@M. Robert Gibson All's Well That Ends Well
@Ursa major The Saint and Sinner “G”
@Bob Senior At The Flea Market
@The Big Peat Building Up To The Obvious Climax

VOTE: @Hugh “We’ve All Been There”
Love this one, Hugh! :)

And thanks @The Judge and @Teresa Edgerton for the mentions!!

CONGRATS TERESA, WELL DONE !

Thanks to those that do the lists and the mentions, my eyes ( eye ) light up whenever I see my name on someone's list especially a short
listing. So a big thank you to those who's lists I made this month.

Thanks to the reviewers for doing reviews on everyone's stories, getting votes is great and mentions and short listings are also great..
The many months that go by without a vote would be unbearable were it not for the reviewers and the kind folks that make the lists, no one wants to be a wallflower. So everyone keep up the good work so we know that our efforts are not being detoured to outer space.
Bob S.

Congratulations on the win, Teresa.

My apologies for missing the vote this month. Sorry folks. Peter V would have been my choice. Sorry again!

Massive thanks to the Judge for saving my bacon. Almost had a 0-0 entry there! :D

V

Last edited:
Congratulations Theresa and unlucky CC on the narrow defeat.

Thanks to those who listed my little dabble into romance. I was mentioned in the first two posts after voting started but that proved to be a false dawn, as I don't think there were any more until 2 or 3 on the last day. Back to the drawing board.

Congratulations on the win, Teresa.

My apologies for missing the vote this month. Sorry folks. Peter V would have been my choice. Sorry again!

Massive thanks to the Judge for saving my bacon. Almost had a 0-0 entry there! :D

V

I'll take that (y)

Thank you

Reactions: Vaz
Congratulations to Teresa - richly deserved.

Thank you to Hummus, Starbeast, Ursa, LittleStar and Ivy Moser for the mentions.

Also, thank you to Luiglin - I think it was the unusual genre/theme combination that drove me to finally enter again (that and a gentle nag from pH...). So good choice in my book.