DISCUSSION -- April 2019 - 75 Word Challenge

@Victoria Silverwolf ..... I'm shuddering to even try to match those reviews!! You should publish reviews. ..... Oh, wait, you do.

But I guess I'll give it a try ......

-------------------------------

@Cathbad .... The Family Must Survive .... Cathbad gives us a story of sacrifice that is both horrific and terrific. Praying it's not based on something true.

@Cat's Cradle .... From That Room a Ruin .... Cat tells us a sad tale of love gone wrong, slowly and horrifically.

@dannymcg .... I would do anything .... Danny builds us up only to drop the bomb on us.

@Ian Fortytwo .... The Vampire's Demise .... Ian stakes out a lovely.

@elvet .... The Lady of the Manor .... Elvet gives us a glimpse of a real cat woman.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... A Warning to Wanderers .... The lady with the crafty pen gives us someone who once made a really stupid choice.

And already two more have appeared.

@Marvin .... Homo desmodus rotundus .... Marv does the impossible. He makes me feel pity for what I would consider a pitiless individual.

@Luiglin .... Whispered sweet nothings .... Luiglin brings us on a journey of the mind.

sub-genres like space
Damn it, and I thought I was so clever. Of course it's already an established sub-genre. I was interested to learn (cheers wikipedia) that at least one critic considers scifi to be an offshoot of gothic fiction via Frankenstein.

I'm at 150 words by the way. If I just delete every second word that shouldn't harm the story too much, right? I'll test it.
I'm 150 by way. I delete second that harm story much? Test.

No problem! (?)

Also, Parson, I'm hoping to see a heroic gothic vicar, monk or nun from you. No excuses!

Thank you for fine review, Victoria! And @Parson, I loved the review you wrote, too, spot on! :)

It's tough being at 150, @Stable; I run up against that kind of word count probably every other month (including this one). Funny, though ... by the time I'm done paring, I find I didn't really need the majority of those extra words, but I wish there was just one more I could add back, imagining my story would be better at 76 words than 150. Good luck getting down to 76. ;)

@Pedro Del Mar .... Bringing Life to a Conversation .... Pedro introduces us to a Gothic story with a grin.

@nixie .... Special Delvery .... Nixie brings us in on a Gothic pick up mix up. ---- Any you should leave quietly. :p

Despite being a genre which is often dark & highly emotional, I have found several tales to be good fun. I shall do my best to bring it down, fear not :whistle:

Marvin: It was the loneliness of fates; to be an outcast from the worlds of both day and night.

Luiglin: Out of the depths of insanity comes a strange new creation that threatens to destroy reality!

Pedro Del Mar: Life brought to the unliving, but with a frightening flaw.

nixie: Two titans of terror meet in the ultimate contest of wills!

Mr Orange: It was only wood and stone; why did it seem to be alive with malevolence?

@Mr Orange .... recens oculi .... Mr. O lets us know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

@Christopher Lee .... The Transformation House .... Chris reminds us that fear will unleash the beast in us.

@Stable .... It Contains Legions .... Stable writes the definition of what it means to "have a spanner in the works."

Gothic & structure...struggling a bit.

As far as I can determine, it doesnt necessarily need horror, or Germanic influences to be gothic but can be romantically inspired? I've never written a romance in my life (although my novel includes a love story, it is definitely NOT romance). Might give it a shot for a refreshing change. I apologise if I make a mess of it, any romance fans.

:unsure:

@Daysman .... An Uncanny FOMO .... Daysman enters the fray with a real atmospheric piece which leads you to believe that anything might happen.

Back