• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

DISCUSSION -- April 2019 - 75 Word Challenge

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@Victoria Silverwolf ..... I'm shuddering to even try to match those reviews!! You should publish reviews. ..... Oh, wait, you do.

But I guess I'll give it a try ......

-------------------------------

@Cathbad .... The Family Must Survive .... Cathbad gives us a story of sacrifice that is both horrific and terrific. Praying it's not based on something true.

@Cat's Cradle .... From That Room a Ruin .... Cat tells us a sad tale of love gone wrong, slowly and horrifically.

@dannymcg .... I would do anything .... Danny builds us up only to drop the bomb on us.

@Ian Fortytwo .... The Vampire's Demise .... Ian stakes out a lovely.

@elvet .... The Lady of the Manor .... Elvet gives us a glimpse of a real cat woman.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... A Warning to Wanderers .... The lady with the crafty pen gives us someone who once made a really stupid choice.

Parson

Supporter
And already two more have appeared.

@Marvin .... Homo desmodus rotundus .... Marv does the impossible. He makes me feel pity for what I would consider a pitiless individual.

@Luiglin .... Whispered sweet nothings .... Luiglin brings us on a journey of the mind.

Stable

Watching you from upside down
sub-genres like space
Damn it, and I thought I was so clever. Of course it's already an established sub-genre. I was interested to learn (cheers wikipedia) that at least one critic considers scifi to be an offshoot of gothic fiction via Frankenstein.

Stable

Watching you from upside down
I'm at 150 words by the way. If I just delete every second word that shouldn't harm the story too much, right? I'll test it.
I'm 150 by way. I delete second that harm story much? Test.

No problem! (?)

Also, Parson, I'm hoping to see a heroic gothic vicar, monk or nun from you. No excuses!

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
Thank you for fine review, Victoria! And @Parson, I loved the review you wrote, too, spot on! :)

It's tough being at 150, @Stable; I run up against that kind of word count probably every other month (including this one). Funny, though ... by the time I'm done paring, I find I didn't really need the majority of those extra words, but I wish there was just one more I could add back, imagining my story would be better at 76 words than 150. Good luck getting down to 76. ;)

Parson

Supporter
@Pedro Del Mar .... Bringing Life to a Conversation .... Pedro introduces us to a Gothic story with a grin.

@nixie .... Special Delvery .... Nixie brings us in on a Gothic pick up mix up. ---- Any you should leave quietly. :p

Peter V

Despite being a genre which is often dark & highly emotional, I have found several tales to be good fun. I shall do my best to bring it down, fear not :whistle:

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
Marvin: It was the loneliness of fates; to be an outcast from the worlds of both day and night.

Luiglin: Out of the depths of insanity comes a strange new creation that threatens to destroy reality!

Pedro Del Mar: Life brought to the unliving, but with a frightening flaw.

nixie: Two titans of terror meet in the ultimate contest of wills!

Mr Orange: It was only wood and stone; why did it seem to be alive with malevolence?

Parson

Supporter
@Mr Orange .... recens oculi .... Mr. O lets us know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

@Christopher Lee .... The Transformation House .... Chris reminds us that fear will unleash the beast in us.

Parson

Supporter
@Stable .... It Contains Legions .... Stable writes the definition of what it means to "have a spanner in the works."

Peter V

Gothic & structure...struggling a bit.

As far as I can determine, it doesnt necessarily need horror, or Germanic influences to be gothic but can be romantically inspired? I've never written a romance in my life (although my novel includes a love story, it is definitely NOT romance). Might give it a shot for a refreshing change. I apologise if I make a mess of it, any romance fans.

:unsure:

Parson

Supporter
@Daysman .... An Uncanny FOMO .... Daysman enters the fray with a real atmospheric piece which leads you to believe that anything might happen.