DISCUSSION -- APRIL 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#33)

Bit last minute but i'm in. had the idea a couple of days ago but struggled to find the time to write it up. now back to work.

apologies if it's similar to anyone else's - it's a complete coincidence as I have not read any other stories

Reactions: Vaz
Interesting month. I had an idea but no time to write - but it was very much rooted to the ideas of loneliness, memory and death I saw in that image. And I'm not saying that was in all the stories I enjoyed, but I think it was in most of them.

My shortlist was

Cat’s Cradle
Daysman
Hummus
Luiglin
Vaz
Peter V
Perpetual Man
Culhwch
phyreBrat
The Judge

With votes going to Vaz, Perpetual Man, and Culhwch.

Finally, all by himself in the "Please share whatever chemicals you are partaking in with me" category, is Dan Jones.

An interesting crop this time round.

Top o' the stack: Peter V
Then elvet
Followed closely by Culhwch

Most unusually, a quartet of honourable mentions:
johnnyjet
Victoria Silverwolf
Cathbad
dannymcg

mosaix: A razor-edged look at the nature of reality, with a double twist.

Culhwch: An epic tale of conflict across the years, with a sense of tragic irony.

scarpelius: A nostalgic look back at a heroic past, with inspiration for the future.

Shyrka: An evocative high fantasy, with a sense of the continuity of generations.

Teresa Edgerton: A moody account of ritual, with an unexpected revelation.

M. Robert Gibson: A colorful fairy tale, with an appreciation for the power of the meek.

Phyrebrat: A surreal fable, with a powerful allegory of the death of love.

The Judge: A poetic fantasy, with an awareness of how loss is often allied with gain.

LittleStar: An inspiring example of courage, with an example of the importance of what seems impossible.

Mr Orange: A compelling narrative of impending disaster, with a warning against carelessness.

Ursa major: An imaginative story of mental powers, with a reminder of the importance of confidence.

Votes go to:

Peter V
Parson
johnnyjet

Last edited: