DISCUSSION -- APRIL 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#33)

Hummus: An allegory of the attempt to recapture the past through a nostalgic appreciation of art, with powerful emotional appeal.

Luiglin: A moving portrayal of the ways in which we are made up of our memories, with a cautionary reminder against looking too far behind ourselves.

Vaz: An epic high fantasy with a compelling depiction of the intertwining of love and hate.

Ashleyne: A mysterious dark fantasy with a look at the way in which the Other is both alluring and repellent.

Ugh, I'm with @mosaix on this one - I've been struggling to get into the mood to write for a while and felt like I had zero ideas for so long. Eventually I hammered out the one I had a few days ago and it came out at 450 words. Disheartened, I was going to give up but had another run at the same story this morning and got it down to 337 which seemed more achievable. After some trimming, I think I've got something that's, well, coherent at least. I missed this month's 75 due to lack of inspiration so I'm just glad to have got something in for the 300.

Well, I'm in. Blank mind for the whole month but had a last minute idea and went with it for better or for worse. Now to read the others since it is now too late to lose my nerve.