DISCUSSION -- APRIL 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#33)

I think I have a 75. It feels gothic in style so hopefully it will at least meet that criteria. For the 300 though, I have not even the smallest kernel of an idea. Usually there is something but all I do is stare at that pile of stones and wonder how it hasn't toppled.

We have had to remove an entry from the Chaalenge as it exceeded the 300-word allowance.

Please make sure that your check your entry's word count before you post it... and no not rely solely on your word-processor's word count function, as it isn't always accurate. (Oh, and check with us about any creative use of hyphenations you may have made: we may not always agree with you that the adding of a hyphen between two words makes it a single word as far as counting them for the Challenge goes.)

Cathbad: Astute crime fiction with a mixture of clever plotting and a true sense of human psychology.

Stable: Mysterious tale of a strange phenomenon that combines introspection with a sense of sublime vastness.

Ian Fortytwo: Imaginative dystopian story with an important point to make about the seductions of supposedly benign oppression.

Rafellin: Moving account of esprit de corps and the power it has over those who face the most terrible situations.

dannymcg: Grim account of survival under the worse possible circumstances, and how it transforms even the best into the worst.

There's me. I'd hoped to be the first person to use the word 'cairn', but Rafellin beat me to it. ;) Hope the ideas are flowing, everyone. I've enjoyed the stories so far, CC

Still getting my head around how to best approach/appreciate flash fiction, but enjoyed all this!
Guess it takes a certain focus (which I normally don't have haha) to catch all the details.

Still getting my head around how to best approach/appreciate flash fiction, but enjoyed all this!
Guess it takes a certain focus (which I normally don't have haha) to catch all the details.

I'd suggest that you just dive it. You could easily surprise yourself.

I'm in. A whole lot darker than it started out but the tale needed telling.

The quality of early entries is reaching new heights. You folks are pretty awesome.

I'm in myself. A bit melodramatic and weepy but I've just finished reading a romance novel so forgive me

Good luck all, can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

V

Back