• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

Spotting old books and magazines and dummy newspapers in TV and movies

Extollager

See #19 above -- here's the 110,000 Chinese Living in Trees headline again -- this time, from Earth Vs. the Flying Saucers:
110,000.JPG

Extollager

From an airport scene in Get Smart (again) -- fourth season -- "The Not So Great Escape," Part One -- a paperback rack again:

get smart book.jpg

Extollager

Here's a newspaper from the opening teleplay of the 5th and final season of Get Smart. To me, it looks like the guy in the phone booth in the left picture is not Max.
get smart 5th season opener.JPG

M. Robert Gibson

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Supporter
To me, it looks like the guy in the phone booth in the left picture is not Max.
Plus, the guy on the left is holding the phone in his left hand while the guy on the right it's in his right hand

Extollager

From a fan-made Outer Limits episode using a deservedly forgotten 1958 movie The Hideous Sun Demon. The best part of the movie, for me, was at the very end, with glimpses of oil pumps -- presumably filmed cheaply, on location in an LA suburb. Though I don't remember it, at about the same time, when I was a wee tyke, and my family lived in Coalinga, California, my dad and I used to walk over to "see the pumps" at the end of our street. The movie isn't much like an OL show, notably lacking the "awe and mystery" it could conjure up, and featuring a sequence with the leading man picking up a woman at a bar and taking her to the beach that is nothing like an Outer Limits passage.
sun.JPG

Last edited: