Spotting old books and magazines and dummy newspapers in TV, movies and old photos

From Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (1983)

Screenshot 2023-11-24 224030.png

This edition of the famous classic:

RRDBRFHSXW1973.jpg

The character under the sheet is a robot.

You're going to have to trust me on this one because I can't getter a better image off the DVD copy I have (thought it shows up well on my BluRay copy which my computer doesn't recognise as a real thing... anyway Half way through Paul Schrader's bloody awful Cat People we get a gratuitous shot of a couple of books about (or by) Japanese author Mishima. Schrader's next film was Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters

vlcsnap-2023-12-08-23h01m33s705.png

About Ringo's comic book --

I have a pile of those Alan Class reprint comics and they do contain some of the most gloriously dreadful stuff. Some of them, the ones with early (first UK) appearances of the likes of Spiderman and The Fantastic Four, sell for ludicrous amounts.

How old do the movies and tv shows have to be to post? I have an idea, but it's more 2000-ish and I don't want to be 'that guy'. Lemme know :)

How old do the movies and tv shows have to be to post? I have an idea, but it's more 2000-ish and I don't want to be 'that guy'. Lemme know :)

I don't think there is any date limit - we've had Aquaman from 2018 in the thread:

And Interstellar

Last edited: