The Expanse - 2.10: Dandelion Sky

ctg

weaver of the unseen
O2j3azm.jpg

If there were going to be new world ... er solar system order, I think the MCRN would inherit the world ... er, system police role. It's like they are putting their noses on all places as they are trying to keep the order in the chaos. Going after Rosinante is pretty much the same thing as nothing has changed from our times.

It's strange that at the same time MCRN aren't that worried about their inner rivalry United Nations, when so far they have been the biggest bullies in the system. Maybe Holden's almost patented ability to cause war-like situations wherever he goes. To be honest, I wasn't surprised when Bobby ordered her squad to go after him in the nucleus.

In the Rosinante's case the maritime law is very clear. Rosinante is a salvage vessel and not Martian property. Holden never ordered the destruction of Mars flagship. That was all Erringwright and Mao's stuff. To be honest, when you think about Mao's other daughter being behind Holden's latest troubles I'm little surprised that dear old daddy didn't inform his offspring on the truth. Maybe she fell on the thing where daddy's lawyers cut her out from the loop on everything that happened since Mao's company acquired the blue stuff. Nevetheless, Rosinante belongs to Holden, Naomi, Alex and Amos.

The thing about Mao's other daughter (the name fleets me unfortunately) is that she is so well versed on technical matters that it's even more stranger that she didn't find more data on the dad's business. I bet Mao's company has a treasure trove all sorts of information on all sorts of people and things, and if she's been at the helm of the company she would know more about everything that went around. So the revenge on the Rosinante is weird, but still believable.

OPA and Inners would benefit from working together. They really would, instead of everyone doing their own thing without acknowling the fact that now the most of the Ring Fleet is inside the blue space. The humanity is cannot be so dump that we will never learn to work together when in fact at the moment the world is moving towards that sort of singularity.

Maybe we don't need aliens to solve the problems. They would only make us go loopy because we would think that they are here to invade us.

dnnFZHa.jpg

For some weird reason I love combat landings. Especially in the SF environments as they are one of the most tensile situations you'll see on the screen. Doing it while wearing a power armour even more so. Too bad it happen with guns blazing, as it's so often for us humans that we shoot and not talk. The understanding isn't important, shooting is. LOL

If the humanity would be truly peaceful, and promoting diplomacy and exploration we would get into so many conflicts. Then again I don't think there would be so many dramas as everything would so meh.

eDdxvnU.jpg

Holy ... moment. How many gates there are in the really and are all of them located in the Milky Way?

Holy ... moment. How many gates there are in the really and are all of them located in the Milky Way?
Yeah, I noticed that the UN CO was calling the ring a "gate" as his ship approached, but reverted to "ring" once inside. That really evoked a Stargate feeling, while Holden's flight to the nucleus made me think of Bowman's trippy ascension to star child in 2001.

Correction, upon re-watching the episode: The visuals when Holden completed the Protomolecule circuit in the nucleus were what reminded me of 2001.
Looks like the ring "speed limit" applies inside as well as outside of the nucleus, or so the effect on the Martian Marines' automatic weapon rounds would suggest. The Protomolecule made short work of dissecting and assimilating the Martian squad leader.

Another great episode - loving the holden/protomiller dynamic.

what a shame that bobby and her martians had sucha militaristic response to the protomolecule.

so the ring is a gate. how come it needed holden to complete the funky stalagtite/mite?

and was one of those shots the sun getting blasted with protomolecule?

i think i might need to watch that ep again.

the ring is getting a little crowded.