The Expanse - 3.03: Assured Destruction

ctg

weaver of the unseen
EyQ31t4.jpg

Razorback isn't a small vessel!

If Holden would have known that Avasarala was the diplomatic package Bobby was carrying in the Razorback, I don't he would have accept the rescue role. And Bobby is smarter than average Martian grunt even if all the chips doesn't always fall perfectly for her. She doesn't have that same experience as for example Fred Johnson Octavia Moss has acquired in the same time for being an OPA loyalist.

I love how she admired Rosinante and got really upset for seeing the Martian flag tagged by Amos. For a short moment I thought she would have mashed his lights out for being disrespectful. Thing is, if she hadn't been brainwashed by Martian educational system, she would have understood that sort of thing happens all time. And when you climb on board of what is essential a pirate ship, things aren't going to be the same.

Maybe that is the biggest problem for the Expanse civilisation. The information age are suffering when the distances has grown immensely. The person cannot get an accurate picture because the media sensationalise things for the 24-hour new cycle and the people afterwards are too ignorant to find out the real truth behind the things. In other words the false news are even more damaging at the future then they are at the moment. If Erringwright is going to play this game right, he will keep the propaganda machine running until the bitter end, because he who controls the information is the king of the day.

You can see this same pattern repeating for example in the GoT with LittleFinger. But, to me personally, Erringwright doesn't have his abilities. Avasarala does. The problem Erringwright is that he isn't a puppet master. Avasarala is as she knows what to do to make people do her bidding. I don't even understand how "planetary railguns" could be destroying Martian military platforms simultaneously.

The distances are vast, and as soon as planetary platforms start firing, any Martian spy would know, and given time, the military platforms could simply move away from the trajectories. The war in the future is as a futile as it is at the current moment. And just like today Erringwright's conflict was based on the false flag.

Why the UN crews cannot understand it? Are they really that encapsulated when even today the frontline troops know the reason why they fight ?

I felt for Mao when May approached him in the tunnels of the Io's research centre. She is a sweet little girl and Mao might have fallen for this big round eyes. Could he be thinking about adapting a new daughter?

Razorback isn't a small vessel!

Another thought about the Razorback being attached permanently to Rosisnate and giving it a boost is that now it's mixing their drive signature. Loose it and the game resets. Keep it and maybe you can obfuscate some of the long range sensors. Why?

Well, think about the ion-cloud those two drives are pushing out. If you track it, the two drives have already mixed up in the bloom, making it unique, therefore indistinguishable from the original drives.

I find the delay in firing rail gun 5 to be highly suspicious.
All of the guns were recycled after Sec. Gen. Gillis balked, so why would only one have a problem? I'm thinking that Errinwright set things up.
The Martian platform would get off a shot, millions on Earth would die, Gillis would get the blame, and Errinwright could make a power grab.

would only one have a problem? I'm thinking that Errinwright set things up.

You mean he double crossed the platform teams? I was hugely, hugely disappointed on their planetary railguns that were actually orbiting defence sats. When they fired how come the speed of projectiles went beyond the speed of light. I have done Mars orbital calculations on my own, and if those vessels sat between the Belt and the Mars orbit the timedelay becomes anything between 3 and 21 minutes, furthest distance being 378 million kilometers. What they showed was Hollywood magic.