The Expanse - 2.06: Paradigm Shift

Gnrevolution

Season 2 Episode 6: Paradigm Shift

1200.jpg

Earth and Mars search for answers in the aftermath of the asteroid collision.

Another great episode! Loved the way they dealt with the aftermath of Eros, really felt like the political angle started to come to the front in so many ways. None more so than Chrisjen 'Nail you to the wall' Avasarala with her speech to Erinwright.

Loved the bar scene with Alex and Amos, particularly the post fight conversation:

Alex: What are you doing here? Do you live here?
Amos: Yeah, I'm staying in the flophouse next door.
Alex: You do realise that's a brothel?
Amos: (Sighs) Yeah.

As usual the only thing that grated with me was the lack of Bobbie, I thought Ganymede would have more prominence in this episode and at first I was disappointed that the main fight was skipped over. I assumed budgetary constraints (in the same way a lot of GoT big battles were before and after events), but I gather that in the Churn podcast there's more to come next week (cue happy dance).

Reactions: ctg
Amazing episode! They just got it right on so many levels. I was wondering how they were going to play out the Ganymede fight. The long distance perspective let you take it all in. I haven't had time to catch up with The Churn episodes, but I plan on re-watching the season anyhow. I'll listen to them then. There is an extra one hour session with Thomas James in addition to The Home podcast.

I was left confused by this - the last episode felt like a season finale, yet it's in the middle of season 2, which makes little sense.

But then, the attack on Ganymede also seemed to make little sense. Some of the conflicts coming up felt somewhat manufactured without further information.

Of course, I'm watching without haven't read the book so have less idea of what's going on. :)

But then, the attack on Ganymede also seemed to make little sense. Some of the conflicts coming up felt somewhat manufactured without further information.

In the book there is much more on the motive, and things happened a bit differently. What you need to understand that Ganymede is the breadbasket of the Outer Planets. Its greenhouses feed untold number of people living on the Belt and Beyond.