The Expanse - 2.02: Doors & Corners

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
Finally watched the first two episodes of season 2.

I'm still appalled that humans would get so deeply into settling the solar system, yet still be focused on war.
I like the increased time given the Martian perspective, believed to be the warmongers in the early series episodes, now shown to be bending over backwards to prevent a ruinous conflict. They have experienced the reality of "guns or butter" economics by delaying terraforming their planet so they could develop their defenses to hold Mother Earth at bay.
Considering the enormous costs of our current, limited, earthbound warfare, I can't imagine what the price tag on interplanetary war might be or the sacrifices citizens would be forced to make.
That said, I am still loving the series. Looks like we have a new Starbuck in Gunnery Sgt. Bobbie Draper.

Finally watched the first two episodes of season 2.

1. I'm still appalled that humans would get so deeply into settling the solar system, yet still be focused on war.

2. I like the increased time given the Martian perspective, believed to be the warmongers in the early series episodes, now shown to be bending over backwards to prevent a ruinous conflict. They have experienced the reality of "guns or butter" economics by delaying terraforming their planet so they could develop their defenses to hold Mother Earth at bay.

3. Considering the enormous costs of our current, limited, earthbound warfare, I can't imagine what the price tag on interplanetary war might be or the sacrifices citizens would be forced to make.

4. Looks like we have a new Starbuck in Gunnery Sgt. Bobbie Draper.

1. I don't see how we don't get from here to there. All those scenarios that happen in the expanse are highly probably futuristic occurrences much more than anything in star trek.

2. That Martian scenario seems to be the only idealistic dream in the show

3. Well we saw what happened with Phoebe

4. Definitely.

I have just watched the first bit of season 2, after re-watching season 1. I find it hard to separate the show from the books, having read the first five books of the series recently. Season 1 just covered about 3/4 of the action first book, though it did introduce the politics of the second book at an earlier stage. This story is huge; I can't wait to see how they are going to deal with some of the things that are coming up.
I like how the writers included material from 2 novellas into the show, part of Amos' back story from The Churn and Fred's The Butcher of Anderson Station. I have been following the filming diary on Daniel Abraham's blog since it is filmed in Toronto. Recognized the Ripley's Aquarium in one of the scenes. Just visited it myself last month.

Just finished the first 2 episodes of Season 2. This is freaking brilliant. Better than Season 1, which was awesome. I have great hopes for the rest of the season.

So the ex-cop, when faced with someone who could name everyone involved in the conspiracy and blow it open, simply shoots him? I don't get that, though I suppose he might have simply wanted to stop anyone from being able to use it.

At least it finally addressed where that other guy ended up after his uncle threw him off the ship - I was beginning to think that was a loose thread, even though the guy appears in the credits.

Last edited: