The Expanse - 1.08: Salvage

ctg

weaver of the unseen
I really don't understand why they chose to change the story so much? The Asteroid Holden goes is supposed to be found by Miller through his investigation on Julie, but instead of that, they use the Earth Agent instead of Miller to do Detective role in the Stealth Ship, even though the opening says they're heading to Eros to pick up last known member of Scopuli!

Where did they get the coordinates?

Well, at least they're giving an explanation to Miller's hat, and remind the viewers about significance of Miller chasing Julie in Eros, even though originally he head there to meet with Holden's crew. He even gets to rescue Holden's crew from the hit squad, before they enter Julie's hideout. But thing is, Earth never sent a blackop's crew!

Although these changed confuse the plot, the series is very well stitched together, and to my mind it is still par with the new BSG. We just don't any other live action space opera that's similar to this.

Fred Johnson gave them the cords for the asteroid, they just said they were going to Eros to throw people off their track. Absolutely loved this episode, it was properly scary when they were exploring, and yet when it came down to it they didn't act like idiots as you would see in a lot of other shows. Also loved Amos's expression after Miller threatens Holden, was like "yeah, he sounds genuine.."

Reactions: ctg
I'm up to date in the series now. The last episode was quite good, bringing some story elements and characters together. I'm one of those who had not ventured to read any of the books. Do I really need to? So far I haven't felt compelled. The show itself is good enough for me.

I'm up to date in the series now. The last episode was quite good, bringing some story elements and characters together. I'm one of those who had not ventured to read any of the books. Do I really need to? So far I haven't felt compelled. The show itself is good enough for me.
Ditto. Why not simply enjoy either book or story? If you want more, extend your enjoyment by trying the other? No comparisons necessary.:)