Love, Death & Robots: major SF authors in a new anthology Netflix series

Why? The whole series is good. Not just the individual stories. So, why the Honey Badger one?
Not enough time to keep binging everything, is it? :LOL: I agree that the series is good as a whole, but there's always some episodes that will stand out to one's personal tastes. As I said before, I like stories where armed to the teeth special ops face such a danger that they can barely do anything about. Think Dog Soldiers.

Also, there's much more to Kill Team Kill than meets the eye; the machoness is just the surface. In the beginning, the soldier who's pissing says that he feels like a god and wants to know how far he can reach. There's your theme: playing god. This is a cautionary tale about playing god and messing with nature.

And if you don't give a rat's ass about any of that, just watch for the fun of it :cool:

I thought all of them were quite good, but I liked Mason's Rats the most. I'm a sucker for happy endings.
I found that happy ending to be a little forced. I understand Mason's feelings, but I just don't get the rats forgiving him so fast. Hundreds of them died because of him.

I found that happy ending to be a little forced. I understand Mason's feelings, but I just don't get the rats forgiving him so fast. Hundreds of them died because of him.

Yeah, I actually thought the rats were going to offer him a poisoned drink.

I quite liked the voice of the protagonist's partner/Io in "The Very Pulse of the Machine." Very soothing, and the poems, most if not all of which I never read before, gave me goosebumps.

I found the part in "The Swarm" where two characters get intimate kind of awkward, considering they barely knew each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctg
Jibaro is one of the very few that's pure fantasy. I would like to see more like this.

Kill Team Kill was quite funny, but when I read the summary, I thought the use of humor against the monster was going to be more literal.

Just finished watching these - over several days (no binging...). Some short thoughts.

Three Robots was good and the ending funny but the lack of opposable thumbs would have been a problem - I would have gone with a chimp (perhaps with a Cesar name plate?).
Bad Travelling was OK, but why did the crab thing need a boat?
The Very Pulse of the Machine was gorgeous and rather wonderful - loved it
Night of the Mini Dead was funny but a bit difficult to see
Kill Team Kill was a bit too frantic for me
Swarm felt like bits had been edited out and it also seemed a bit obvious
Mason's Rats was fun but the ending was unrealistic (would they forgive so quickly?)
In Vaulted Halls Emtombed - not bad, but why didn't they just run out of the cave? Or were they cut off from the entrance?
Jibaro - didn't really do it for me

I saw the first two episodes last night and really enjoyed them.

Bad Travelling made my think of Neal Asher's "Voyage of the Sable Keech".

Reactions: ctg
I liked Jibaro the most. Just from the first ten seconds alone the sound and visuals stood out to me. Narritively it was a bit vague for my liking yet I the whole thing was so mesmorizing and enchanting, I couldn't look away.

i felt the same way about Jibaro. Not the best story, but the aesthetic was amazing.