Love, Death & Robots: major SF authors in a new anthology Netflix series

alexvss

Me doesn't knows no grammar.
Why? The whole series is good. Not just the individual stories. So, why the Honey Badger one?
Not enough time to keep binging everything, is it? :LOL: I agree that the series is good as a whole, but there's always some episodes that will stand out to one's personal tastes. As I said before, I like stories where armed to the teeth special ops face such a danger that they can barely do anything about. Think Dog Soldiers.

Also, there's much more to Kill Team Kill than meets the eye; the machoness is just the surface. In the beginning, the soldier who's pissing says that he feels like a god and wants to know how far he can reach. There's your theme: playing god. This is a cautionary tale about playing god and messing with nature.

And if you don't give a rat's ass about any of that, just watch for the fun of it :cool:

alexvss

Me doesn't knows no grammar.
I thought all of them were quite good, but I liked Mason's Rats the most. I'm a sucker for happy endings.
I found that happy ending to be a little forced. I understand Mason's feelings, but I just don't get the rats forgiving him so fast. Hundreds of them died because of him.

Mouse

I found that happy ending to be a little forced. I understand Mason's feelings, but I just don't get the rats forgiving him so fast. Hundreds of them died because of him.

Yeah, I actually thought the rats were going to offer him a poisoned drink.

Guttersnipe

mortal ally
I quite liked the voice of the protagonist's partner/Io in "The Very Pulse of the Machine." Very soothing, and the poems, most if not all of which I never read before, gave me goosebumps.

I found the part in "The Swarm" where two characters get intimate kind of awkward, considering they barely knew each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctg

Guttersnipe

mortal ally
Jibaro is one of the very few that's pure fantasy. I would like to see more like this.

Kill Team Kill was quite funny, but when I read the summary, I thought the use of humor against the monster was going to be more literal.

Matteo

Just finished watching these - over several days (no binging...). Some short thoughts.

Three Robots was good and the ending funny but the lack of opposable thumbs would have been a problem - I would have gone with a chimp (perhaps with a Cesar name plate?).
Bad Travelling was OK, but why did the crab thing need a boat?
The Very Pulse of the Machine was gorgeous and rather wonderful - loved it
Night of the Mini Dead was funny but a bit difficult to see
Kill Team Kill was a bit too frantic for me
Swarm felt like bits had been edited out and it also seemed a bit obvious
Mason's Rats was fun but the ending was unrealistic (would they forgive so quickly?)
In Vaulted Halls Emtombed - not bad, but why didn't they just run out of the cave? Or were they cut off from the entrance?
Jibaro - didn't really do it for me

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
I saw the first two episodes last night and really enjoyed them.

Bad Travelling made my think of Neal Asher's "Voyage of the Sable Keech".

Reactions: ctg

therapist

I liked Jibaro the most. Just from the first ten seconds alone the sound and visuals stood out to me. Narritively it was a bit vague for my liking yet I the whole thing was so mesmorizing and enchanting, I couldn't look away.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
i felt the same way about Jibaro. Not the best story, but the aesthetic was amazing.