Blade Runner PC Game

Wweyland

Anyone play the Blade Runner PC game back from the 90ties by Westwood?
Looks really close to the film and seems to expand on the lore nicely.
Would be great to get a HD remake of it.

Yes! For its time, it's an exceptional piece of work. I think it might be one of the first games to give different endings depending on the moral choices that the player makes. Apparently they couldn't get the rights to the music and had to compose new, but very similar, music from scratch. Some of the lore, especially the kipple and the keeping of pets, comes from the novel Blade Runner is based on, Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?.

I once saw an interview with one of its creators, where he said that it would be very hard to get at the source code, and that an HD remake was very unlikely. I do hope it happens one day, though. It's a great game.

Yes, bought it on release. Wish I still had it. Lovely game for its time.

I still have my copy at home. It was pretty good.

It's a shame there weren't more gaming forays in to the Blade Runner setting.

On a sort of related note, there is a fan created program of Deckard’s apartment for VR. It’s very good.

I might search through Steam and download it. Bit of nostalgia.

I only just started the game to get a feel for the atmosphere and, while the plot seems highly derivative of the movie so far, I'm really enjoying my time in 2018 downtown LA so far.

The plot being derivative in the early sections of the game was, to me, part of its charm in the 90s. The game did have multiple endings though which at the time was innovative, I think.