Looking for advice on Lovecraftian mythos

Reverent33345

Science fiction fantasy
Specifically Nyarlathotep and his human forms. Is he just one single entity that just takes up the form of different human appearances that he chooses to be like a shapeshifter? Or are parts if him spread out through the world where they take up their own form of humans as if he's in different places at once? Or are they just regular humans that gained the powers of Nyarlathotep that they received by him?

I can't help you myself, as I've only ever read one Lovecraft short story and didn't get on with it. However, I can move this over to the dedicated Lovecraft sub-forum** where the Lovecrafters hang out, and they'll undoubtedly be able to help you further.

** it's a bit tricky to find at present as our Featured Authors section is undergoing a revamp, so if in doubt when looking for anything, use the Search option at top right. :)

Specifically Nyarlathotep and his human forms. Is he just one single entity that just takes up the form of different human appearances that he chooses to be like a shapeshifter? Or are parts if him spread out through the world where they take up their own form of humans as if he's in different places at once? Or are they just regular humans that gained the powers of Nyarlathotep that they received by him?
I can't help you myself, as I've only ever read one Lovecraft short story and didn't get on with it. However, I can move this over to the dedicated Lovecraft sub-forum** where the Lovecrafters hang out, and they'll undoubtedly be able to help you further.

** it's a bit tricky to find at present as our Featured Authors section is undergoing a revamp, so if in doubt when looking for anything, use the Search option at top right. :)
There is a great six minute long YouTube video on Nyarlathotep.

It might lead you down a Into a warren, though. I get sidetracked whenever I check things on YouTube:)

There is book you might find of interest Red Right Hand by Levi Black . In story Nyarlathotep is the the main protagonist.

Thanks everybody, looks like I got some digging to do. Am I free to do some of my own thing though? Like if I wanted to have him disguised as say a general or businesswoman? And have actual humans that gained his powers through worshipping like hosts or servents to Nyarlathotep?

So many people have done so many things with Nyarlathotep that you can get away with just about anything. I think there's an anime version of him as a little girl, so you don't have anything to worry about. (he is supposed to have 1,000 forms, after all)

Lovecraft Mythos, in the original works at least, is not really tied down. The protagonists only ever get a glimpse of the whole picture.
You could feasibly do whatever you wanted.

Alright cool, so even if I have fictional ruthless human beings during historical events that made a pact with Nyarlathotep to carry out his madness and hatred in parts of the world and in return they received power and immortality? That's fine too? As opposed to just being actual Nyarlathotep being those guys in disguise, they would be given powers to serve his causes and in some way they act as his avatars but they are or were real humans.

No ones going to care if I do that right?

Alright cool, so even if I have fictional ruthless human beings during historical events that made a pact with Nyarlathotep to carry out his madness and hatred in parts of the world and in return they received power and immortality? That's fine too? As opposed to just being actual Nyarlathotep being those guys in disguise, they would be given powers to serve his causes and in some way they act as his avatars but they are or were real humans.

No ones going to care if I do that right?
I'd say that was in keeping with the spirit of everything already included in the Mythos, provided the undercurrent of insanity is there.

Oh and does anyone here know anything about Akushin Kage? It's a lovecraftian in Japan I think, would it make more of an interesting scenario if he was a ruthless samurai warlord from the past that made a pact with Nyarlathotep gaining immortality and some of Nyarlathotep's powers, becoming an evil yakuza boss with a monster samurai final form into the modern era? Or was another form of Nyarlathotep himself, taking the form of a evil yakuza boss in modern day era and can change into a monster samurai?

And I wanted a female form of Nyarlathotep which would be the ultimate and most powerful version, what is some good inspirations I can get for a female form? Thank you.