Discussion thread: March 2019 75 word story challenge.

Even if I am being a bit premature, I am going to say congratulations @ Luiglin on a deserved win. From the first I read it I thought it would take some beating. To create a tale that gathered such pace in only 75 words is excellent.

Unlike many of my entries, I was actually quite pleased with this months offering but thought I had wildly misjudged it going into the last (official) day of voting with only two or three mentions and no votes. A good last day has massaged my ego somewhat :rolleyes:

so...

Thank you for the short listings @ M. Robert Gibson, @ Parson and @ D3athw4lker and "finalist spot @ Ursa major

And a big thank you for the votes from @ Bob Senior, @ Cat's Cradle and @ LittleStar

It just seems to me that Luiglin did actually win, so I am going to offer big congratulations! Well done, and looking forward to your genre/theme choices for next month.

Cheers all. First win (yet to be confirmed ;)) since arriving in 2012. I knew that I'd wear you all down. I'd like to thank my wife - who made me rethink the last line; my daughter - who occasionally says hello; the bloke at the bad road junction yesterday morning - who let me out and the lady in Greggs - who gave me an extra stamp on my coffee card.

Last, but not least, thanks to @elvet @Pedro Del Mar @Shyrka @Peter V @D3athw4lker and @Dr_R_Dizzle for the votes plus for the mentions/short listings folks.

I wanted to invoke the same fun and sense of being slave to the beat that I felt during my night clubbing years of ??? years ago (my knees can't hand it these days). To add a twist I dug around a bit and came up with Paganini, 1792-1840, who was an Italian violinist so good that some claimed his Mother or he had sold his soul to the devil. Not forgetting The Devil Went Down to Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band. The title comes from many nightclubs who host guest spots from DJs or clubs.

I have a genre and a theme but not a clue what to do next? Do they need to go to a mod(s) to be given the thumbs up - they're not weird... no stone-age new romantic or Elizabethan cyber junk - or do I create the two threads in the early hours of the 1st?