Discussion thread: March 2019 75 word story challenge.

Speculative? I wonder if I can write a scifi fantasy superhero dystopian horror?

Scratch that.

I wonder if I can write a likeable 75!

@Ian Fortytwo .... Twos Company, Threes A Crowd .... Ian starts the month out with a story which makes me shake my head and say: "I didn't expect that!".

Well, I gave it a go...

Hopeless? Never

The gnome yanked the controls, sending his z-snail corkscrewing, lasers lighting up the floor of the trench.

Again, his dead master’s voice pulsed, “Use the energy, Pluke.”

Fader’s crosshairs lit up, “I have you now!”

A blast sent the sidhe lord spinning away as Superelf flew in, “Yahoo! You’re all clear, gnome. Now let’s blow this Yog-Sothoth and go home.”

Pluke fired, ending the nightmare, chunks of elder God burning up over the tortured world.

----

Now, back to trying a proper entry.

Last edited:
@dannymcg .... Phaseolus vulgaris .... Danny puts his tongue firmly in his cheek and gives us a "wink, wink" story that's bound to bring a smile.

@D.A. Xiaolin Spires .... The Startling Readings of the EKG .... D.A. puts us in touch with a miracle, or does she?

@Cat's Cradle .... there .... Cat leaves us in the light between life and death. Perhaps for a month?

@benwerd .... Security Update .... Ben paints a picture of a life and world domination through a pulse in the either.

Welcome to Chrons @benwerd. You've decided to dive off the deep end and enter immediately in the 75 word challenge. I must say that you've posted an interesting story. Maybe you'd like to introduce yourself?
https://www.sffchronicles.com/forum/introductions/

I'm in, I hope I got the theme alright. Only time will tell I guess.

@juelz4sure .... We Reap What We Sow .... Juel writes us a somber morality play where the last pulse might just bring a tear.

@Luiglin .... Virtuosity at Paganini’s .... Luiglin brings us a musical pulse that brings slavery and forgetfulness in the musical pulse.

@elvet .... The Final Hope .... Elvet sends a shudder down my spine as she considers a nightmare scenario that is nearly present with us and should give us all a pulse of fear.

@IanMH .... Untitled .... Ian tells of a quiet invitation that draws into a pulse of horror.

@IanMH good story. I see you are new to Chrons. (or at least to posting here). We appreciate everyone who takes the time to work on a 75 word story and enter it in our contest. If you'd like to feel free to introduce yourself https://www.sffchronicles.com/forum/introductions/

@Daysman .... Post-hoc .... Daysman slides us a tight little horror scene worthy of Stephen King.

@scarpelius .... Twinkle, twinkle little star .... I think Scarpe created a new form of story, a hard science fiction children's nursery rhyme for a star nursery that pulses.

Oh, what a pity. Thought I'd managed to write a non-rhythmic piece for pluse - then had it pointed out to me I'd crossed over over seventy-five and anonymous for numerotation. Another has bean.

Enjoyed all the entries. Good to see different styles and ideas coming through in such a short piece. Didn't do a title for mine - maybe should have done. Next time...

Enjoyed all the entries. Good to see different styles and ideas coming through in such a short piece. Didn't do a title for mine - maybe should have done. Next time...
The title can be the savior in some cases. There's no length imposed and you can use it to clarify your story. Ofc if you abuse it, the powers that be might still punish you :)