9.11: The Walking Dead - Bounty

ctg

weaver of the unseen
hPuQFfC.jpg

The savage group led by Alpha confronts the Hilltop in a harrowing attempt to retrieve her daughter. A supply run for the Kingdom turns into a dangerous quest.

AMC continues having a ban over the episode shots, and you'll have a really hard time finding them anywhere at the web.

Nothing wrong with Henry that a crossbow bolt through the head wouldn't fix. Unfortunately, we would not learn if he would be smarter as a zombie.
If Daryl could live with turning Lydia over to her mommy dearest, he could certainly live with losing Henry. Maybe his fear of Carol is driving him. He is too valuable to lose on a fool's rescue mission.

uEBBkos.jpg

The WTF moment, just after Jerry revealed he was preggo :LOL: Man, I was gaping at the small screen when Jesus slashed off a zombie from the horseback. It was like the revelation of a miracle after three days in the tomb, then it all fell flat as it was just flashback.

Not only that but they kept talking about the past and Maggie as if everything was hunky dory between the neighbours. If there really is a drift between the settlements, it's not going to be anything good. But you might have also noticed that nobody is talking about the fall of Oceanside or the Sanctuary. So five settlements has most likely whittled down to three.

Glorious life in the post-apocalypse. Then they showed this,

rsgehwD.jpg

Oceanside is just under Ezekiel's hand, but unlike with Michonne's edition it has all five settlements included in the declaration of independence. To a new world that is a big thing. It is another step towards the civilisation and a huge leap from being a ragtag group near starvation.

If Rick would had made it, he would have loved seeing the declaration and having a fair on top of that. It would be a huge step forward culturally to have communities banding together to celebrate their stay in the Ricknation for this long.

And all that just before the Whisperer's arrived. It makes me think what if Whisperer's encountered the Kingdom before they arrived to the Hilltop?

w4HJM20.jpg

There is 32 whisperer's plus Alpha in that shot. If she took one third with her, it will put the Whisperer's fighting force around hundred individuals, plus another hundred doing the support, before any of the dead is counted in the pool. Another noticable thing is that there is no long arms. No rifles. Not even shotguns.

Against Hilltop medieval armoury they look overwhelming in numbers. Although Daryl claimed that "they have enough of firepower" in good old American style "to level all of them," I didn't believe it. Just like Alpha didn't as there was no evidence of anything but a grumpy man and girls on the wall.

Maybe I am underestimating the Hilltop, but if you are going to claim something you should show that there is something to back the words. The baby episode was a good example that Hilltop has no ammo.

What happened to it?

b0XGdru.jpg

It is strange that Kingdom goes after the technological treasures like the project light bulbs and yet, nearly nobody is carrying guns any longer. They cannot have shot all the ammo that is stored in the Washington DC.

I get that arrows are cheaper and can be shot multiple times, and an arrow cloud is potentially very lethal against the dead, but none of them show enough of archers to be able to put down the clouds.

So, Daryl made a right choice, by releasing Lydia back to Mummy Dearest as @REBerg called the the Alpha. Overall it made a good episode and it showed that Ricklandia cannot handle raiders from the dead wastes.

Nothing wrong with Henry that a crossbow bolt through the head wouldn't fix. Unfortunately, we would not learn if he would be smarter as a zombie.

He is not using his brain. Instead he using Little Henry. Oh, those teenage years and learning what sex means. It's true that older you get, lesser you get. So, life goes on and Henry will hopefully understand how foolish he was at his younger years.

Alpha said that they had strayed into her territory. What did she mean? The Whisperers cannot have been around this area for very long or they would have crossed paths with Neegan. The two captured hadn't gone very far away - half a day on horseback - maybe 15 miles if the horse isn't pushed. The other settlements seem to be further away than that. Is she making a new claim on land? I thought they were peripatetic, travelling from place to place for relatively short periods, rather than settled?

Other than that @ctg said it all.

I found the Kingdom side plot annoying, Ezekiel grated on me, found myself wondering why Carol hasn't strangled him.

No wonder Henry is so naive, think the king had the biggest role in his up bringing.

The baby being abandoned because of its crying was horrific, the mute lady's( forgot her name) courage was amazing not only did she put herself in the path of walkers but also the whisperers. She could quickly become a favourite.

Alpha said that they had strayed into her territory. What did she mean?

All the land outside the walls of Hilltop. I assume that she thinks because it belongs to the dead anyway, it also belongs to her and therefore to the Whisperer's. Lydia however claimed that they've been moving from place to place for a long time. So, from that I draw a conclusion that it's everything outside the settlements, all the way to The Pacific Ocean.

I found the Kingdom side plot annoying, Ezekiel grated on me, found myself wondering why Carol hasn't strangled him.

Maybe Carol is become soft?

No wonder Henry is so naive, think the king had the biggest role in his up bringing.

Indeed, but for the role of Big Daddy he's a bit too soft. He doesn't want to talk or teach what really matters in this new world. Instead he's all about soft values, bunnies and unicorns. I do get his and Jerry's argument on the film projector, as it's a huge leap forward to bring back the technology and the culture of the lost civilisation.

Why is that they don't have radio links or anybody haven't drawn telephone lines between the communities?

The baby being abandoned because of its crying was horrific, the mute lady's( forgot her name) courage was amazing not only did she put herself in the path of walkers but also the whisperers. She could quickly become a favourite.

Yeah, she got bollocks to do what many other cannot. It annoyed me that Alpha can walk up to the gates of Hilltop and demand for her child, while in the other hand, she can also order her follower to abandon their baby. That makes her worst than Martha.

I am sorry to always be so disagreeable all the time but-,. The King has a very Miyamoto Musashi thing going on, this is his world so I get why is what he is. I am curious to find out how many Whisperers their are, I do not think it could be that many. I do not think more than 40 or so could live off the land like they do.

I think 40 would be to many, but it seems they have showed that many. They can not walk with the dead at all times, any more than 40 or so would be to conspicuous. 40 people camping out cooking, dropping the deuce or what ever would be to much. Off the top, they have two things going for them surprise and brutality. They no longer have surprise. They might have numbers we will see about that. As far as them getting to places others can not I am not sure about that, Fear The Walking Dead's vultures showed the way. They can only carry so much and walk with the dead, so how much could they bring back for others. The girl said they do not mess with bigger groups, out of all the things she said that rings true.

Reactions: ctg
Henry is truly the village...damn I hate repeating myself.

Liked all the above posts because it says pretty much what I think. One observation though the quality in this half of the season has improved greatly.

One observation though the quality in this half of the season has improved greatly.

It has but I still think that it has not reached the quality of Fear's last season. I still believe that Fear's second half has been some of the best stuff that AMC has produced. I really liked Martha, Jimmy, the zombie storm and aftermath. It felt new, while TWD has been stuck in same location for four, if not five seasons.

Like what I said about the telephones, they had six years to figure it out and it's not like there's no supplies or infrastructure already in place. Even if they run the cable by themselves, they should have a better communication possibilities than horse riders.

At the moment it feels like the world has overgrown, the society has gone backwards, not forward. Yet, they are all stronger than before somehow, even though there's a growing drift between them. Can Rickland take on an adversary that can control the dead and there's no way for them to really communicate to each other?

I know that Dr Evil was working with hobby radio set, but all of them had regressed to a point that some of them has become soft. Like for example "Daddy" Negan. Although I like the changes, I'm also afraid that they are as weak as what they were, when the Governor hit the Prison.

If they show a build up for the Whisperers to be able to control hordes, it will make the situation dire, and also exciting as it will put the whole crew in danger. In theory Whisperers could dump thousands and thousands of dead in the Rickland, effectively creating a siege situation and that is something I don't think they can handle.

Fear created in the B half a situation where they were all in sort of danger, and the villain was loose amongst them. At the end, when they revealed the plan to go forward to distribute Jimmy's beer forever, it felt like a real progression, where as TWD is rolling from a villain to another, a season after another.

I think at the centre of all of that is at the moment Henry and he's need to love a broken girl. I recognise a lot of same stuff in him, as I've for now over a decade to fix a Mrs Grey. I know as an engineer that it's an impossible situation as her body would need to be replaced. But in Henry's, his heart is leading him into a call of nature that puts all communities in dire danger.

It's like he was forged in the war, and then he somehow forgot everything that Morgan, Ezekiel and Carol had tried to teach him over the years. There are no better, more experienced people that we know in the TWD universe. Yet, he is like you said, the village idiot.

All we can do is to scream at the small screen, "Henry, you dump f**k. You are such an idiot. Can't you get in your tiny brain that it's dangerous." But in the return you have to applaud the whole crew, from AMC's executive to last person in the support crew, the number of aids, and lastly the cast, because they've mostly put their best to make this series as successful as what it has been over the years.

I know that we have lost people, and some actually totes around that they had stopped watching at Season 1. But if Henry, and his new actor can make you believe that what he does is dump then I think TWD's crew has done their jobs brilliantly.

I do not think they would have much of a camp, it seems they move on at the drop of a hat. So 5 would be plenty. The 1/3 thing is very military but is contrary to the we are animals. at this point who do they have to fear. So you bring just about every one to show force. To me the we are animals, we have no walls, baby dies it dies is saying we are living for the now.

to me the communities do not seem soft, they come off as pioneers on the frontier would. This is the world they live in and they must be to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: ctg
Are we to believe then that the baby has never, ever cried before, in all of the time that the Whisperers were moving among the Herd? When did it even get born? No, the Whisperers may move with, and among the Herd, but they must also go elsewhere too, away from the Herd. It may not be a "camp." What is meant by calling it a "camp" is open to opinion anyway. Certainly, it can't be something that is fixed in a single location.

A few shows back a baby cried at the hill top just as the one girl was going to wrap a hammer around the head of Hennery. That stopped her, as a viewer my thinking was she saw a baby and was like they have babies. Now I think it was more of baby could cry and it was ok.

Last edited:
Just watched this one.
Yes and I think people here are being incredibly kind on this episode. In fact The Kingdom/Theatre stuff was dreadful. Camp rubbish.
The Whisperers stuff was pretty good but not a lot happened because so much was done with the other side story. But with all the positive stuff that was thrown at us surely there will be disaster next episode. I was also unclear about the Jesus scene and if all the Kingdom stuff was in the past.

The Walking Dead stars aren't lying when they say they are the last to find out about storylines coming up for their characters.

In the case of Father Gabriel actor Seth Gilliam, the knowledge of his character having formed a romantic relationship with Christian Serratos' Rosita wasn't given to him until he read a script. No one called, no one texted. They just gave him a script!

The Walking Dead is subtly setting the stage for Negan to become the next big leader on the AMC series.

After returning to his jail cell, Negan was visited by Michonne for questioning regarding his choice to come back to Alexandria rather than live on the outside as a free man instead of a prisoner. As Negan tried to reason with Michonne (in a scene somewhat pulled from a comic exchange between Rick and Negan), he held a book in his hands which he probably got from her room which indicates he is looking to be a level-headed leader moving forward.

Negan was reading law books according to Talking Dead (as reported by Insider).
Proof 'The Walking Dead' Is Setting Negan Up to Take Over