Premise and Concept

The Big Peat

Darth Buddha
I think I agree with what she says, and fully endorse the idea that if every writer had the same premise, we would still see countless concepts being written. It is an interesting exercise to go deeper into the fundamentals of writing and separating these ideas into a simpler form to help both the creative and writing processes.

Although, I get a bit lost during the fine tuning of definitions and methodologies. Instead of Premise and Concept, I think Idea and Execution. I tend get things more organically through a feeling, rather than a cut and dry definition, as it doesn't take much to muddy the waters in my own understanding.

I think I agree with what she says, and fully endorse the idea that if every writer had the same premise, we would still see countless concepts being written. It is an interesting exercise to go deeper into the fundamentals of writing and separating these ideas into a simpler form to help both the creative and writing processes.

Although, I get a bit lost during the fine tuning of definitions and methodologies. Instead of Premise and Concept, I think Idea and Execution. I tend get things more organically through a feeling, rather than a cut and dry definition, as it doesn't take much to muddy the waters in my own understanding.

Personally I'd have said both Premise and Concept fall into Idea and are just sub-categories, but I can see where you're coming from.

Personally I'd have said both Premise and Concept fall into Idea and are just sub-categories, but I can see where you're coming from.

It doesn't matter how many times I read articles or books about the craft of writing, it all still starts to blend together more often than not. We can't forget Concept has its own categories. Low and high! :) I enjoy the insights, especially being able to see a term in a new light that could spark some creativity, just by thinking a bit differently in that moment.

Back