DISCUSSION THREAD- February 2019- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Tonight’s TED talk, @farntfar – It seems the survivors of this particular apocalypse have taken the phrase “all the world’s a stage” rather too literally.

The King That Was Not, @juelz4sure – The boy who wouldn’t be king. Usually, when a child says they won’t do something – like tidy their room or eat their sprouts – it’s not the end of the world.

I Am Lincoln, President of Presidents, @Artoriarius – Four score and ten thousand years from now, an ancient monument to a giant of the past gains new meaning.

Not Everyone Wants Uniting, @Cathbad – A biblical tale of keeping your friends close, your enemies closer and your bodyguard closer still.

(Since I don't own Fallout 4, I'm going to start coming up with some new Wasteland radio stations. For a given definition of "new", anyway...)

Hello, everybody. It's Roger McFeely again. How are you all doing? Are you somewhere safe and warm? I hope so. You know, sometimes it's easy to get depressed in the wasteland. The toxic rain, the mutated wildlife, the raiders who killed your mule - they can all make life seem terrible. But never lose heart. If you keep on trying, it can still be a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

We've got some stories to review. Let's see...

The Price of Miracles (Teresa Edgerton) - Sometimes we're forced into a situation with no good choices. But so long as you do the best you can, you've still done a good job.

Legacy of the Damned (Perpetual Man) - The world's in a terrible shape, I know. But it doesn't have to be the end, if we can learn from our mistakes.

Civilization Unit Testing (scarpelius) - You see, a failure doesn't mean the end. It just means back to the drawing board, to start again with a new plan.

And you can start again. I know it seems difficult, but you don't have to do it alone. We're stronger together than we are apart. That's why, if you need any help - any at all - you can come to us and ask. The Unity will be glad to help.

Ahh, that's because it went by in such a flash at the finish line. :D

I haven't missed a 75 yet. And I have a snow day home from work today, so I may even have an entry up before the final moments.

There’s nothing like the threat of your internet being shut off for the whole weekend to make you actually write that story you’ve been thinking of for weeks. Thankyou BT for challenging my procrastination.

So yep, i’m in :giggle:

@scarpelius .... Civilization Unit Testing .... Scarpy reminds us that after the Apocalypse civilization will still have to pass the tests.

@Heijan Xavier .... Unhuman Experiment .... Heijan points out that after the Apocalypse human nature will continue to be human nature.

@HazelRah .... Ashes to Ashes .... Hazel shows us that after the Apocalypse death is still the great equalizer.

Back