Sci-fi book about the future technology, teleportation, cloning and a glitch in the system

zak_the_hijabi

Hi. Please help me find this book. It's been bugging me for years that i can't find it. It was so interesting and i would love to reread it.

It's about a girl who lives in a crazily technologically advanced world. They step into these elevator type things and announce where they wish to go and the machine sort of teleports them by taking apart their atoms or something and recreating it in a similar machine at their destination.

They also have small machine called a fabber or pre fabber (i think it might be short for fabricator). It sort of recycles what they put in to give you what you want. So you can put in your coffee mug and order your outfit for today and it makes it.

Anyway, all of this is great but somehow there is a glitch in the system and some odd and creepy things happen. Cloning and that sorta thing. So due to this glitch someone comes after her and her friend and they have to escape and they go to a giant space that is safe because there are no teleporting machines there to bring the evil guys. There was a farm kinda place and also a giant house/roomy plane that is suspended in the air and can fly but is in stealth mode and something happens there too but i can't remember what.

I read the book between 3 and 6years ago. I borrowed it from my local library.
Yellow paperback with blue writing, if im not mistaken.

Thank you so much
-zak

Back