What is your single favourite novel?

@KiraAnn Now you've been properly welcomed! And... I liked Tarzan of the Apes. Not enough to read beyond the second book... and not nearly like I LOVED John Carter.

ps - Hello, my name is Boaz... and I'm a spelling nazi. It's been one day since my last correction.

I love John Carter too. One of my beloved possessions is a first edition of Princess of Mars.

It never gets read - only looked at from time to time.

Nineteen Eighty-Four for me. Bit obvious I know, but...

You might In Caverns Below by Stanton Coblentz . Its a science fiction satire .

Memoirs Found in a bathtub By Stanislaw Lem

I love John Carter too. One of my beloved possessions is a first edition of Princess of Mars.

It never gets read - only looked at from time to time.
I would stand in awe if I saw that in someone's library. I have literally fantasized about running across that in a used book store. I guess that makes me a bibliophile. Is that in the DSM? Can they lock you up for it? I'm glad I use a pseudonym . . .

I'll have to go with Watership Down. I have pleasant memories of the time spent reading that multiple times. Such beautiful descriptions of nature done with seamless high quality penmanship.

I'm not sure I can say since (as has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread) my tastes and moods change from day to day (hell from pico-second to pico-second!). On that basis all I can do is look at the novels I have re-read (something I don't often do) and use that as my guidline.

Hawkwood and the Kings (cheating as it's an omnibus version of The Monarchies of God) by Paul Kearney was a strong contender but in the end it came down to a choice of one of Mr Gemmell's offerings... which one though?

The obvious one would be Waylander, though Legend is also in with a shout but I'm thinking at this moment my favourite is White wolf

I've not posted my favorite single novel (and still won't), simply because of the thousands of titles I've read, I can not choose just one. But, in the "Books that I have read more than twice" thread I posted all the books I've read so many times I've lost count and it made me realize there's one I've read more then any others, so, in keeping with the OP's request, I'll go with that one. "Shadow of the Seventh Moon" by Nancy Varian Berberick. Read to absolute tatters twice and gifted to others at least three times. The plot is fairly typical of sword and sorcery fantasy, the writing style isn't award winning, the pacing is a bit slow at times... On the surface of it, it would seem to be another read it once, and forget it books. But, Ms. Berberick's storytelling (which is a very different art from the art of writing), at least for this one book, is divine. Brandon Sanderson, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, Brent Weeks, all of whom I love, have never reached the story telling heights she attained in this book. Well, maybe Gaiman got close a couple times. :)

May I change my earlier answer? I think today I'd go with The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy.