Short Trek now in UK

I should do the review on the last one then. I had saved the Harry Mutt episode for the rainy day.

I just watched Calypso. It wasn't really Star Trek IMHO. I didn't find it very romantic either, if it was meant to be a romance. I watched it because i was told that it had some bearing on the final episode of Discovery Season 2, but clearly the writer had no knowledge of the final episode of Discovery Season 2 because if they did there were some continuity problems. I was worth watching, but there was a lot of holographic "Funny Face" referenced and I'm sure that out of all the back catalogue of films the A. I. watched, it must have found a more romantic film than "Funny Face." I also thought that there must have been a way around the program lock that prevented Discovery taking Crafty back to his home planet. Couldn't he join Star Fleet and then automatically become the highest ranking officer aboard and order her to take him home?

So, I've just watched the other three Short Treks. They are difficult to find on Netflix. I wasn't aware they were available. You can't search for them. You need to find the "Trailers and More" section of Star Trek Discovery then scroll down until you reach them.

I said that I thought Calypso wasn't Star Trek. Well the other three are Star Trek, and good too.

Runaway is the back story for Po, the Queen we meet in the penultimate episode of Season 2. I wondered if I had missed or forgotten some episode when I watched that, and now I know why. It also continues the story of Ensign Tilly's Command application.

The Brightest Star is the back story for Saru that we see concluded in the Second Season episode The Sounds of Thunder. As such it doesn't bring anything new to the table, and both it and Runaway would have been better seen before the episodes they foreshadow.

The final Short The Escape Artist is a Harry Mudd story and great fun. It is a stand alone with a good twist near the end, and I wouldn't want to spoil it. @ctg was right to keep it for a rainy day. I will only say that the story fits perfectly with the second original series I, Mudd episode and builds upon what we learned in that.

Reactions: ctg
A different kind of short trek.

Good news, "Star Trek: Discovery" fans! As you process last week's weird finale for Season 2, you'll be able to learn more about Spock's past in an upcoming comic book mini-series from IDW Publishing.

The new three-issue miniseries will be written by writers Kirsten Beyer and Mike Johnson, and artist Tony Shasteen — the same team that worked on 2018's "Star Trek: Discovery — The Light of Kahless."
New 'Star Trek: Discovery' Comic Book Miniseries Will Go Boldly Into Spock's Past

SFX magazine are saying that these are now available in the UK on DVD, but also that it is the first time they have been available legally here. They've obviously missed them on Netflix!

There is still one missing from that DVD though, and which was never shown on Netflix, and that is the Picard Short Trek. SFX think that it is most likely being kept back to be an extra on the DVD release of Star Trek: Picard, (which was available on Amazon Prime in the UK and not on Netflix.)

I can't help the feeling that UK viewers have been treated badly in regard to Short Treks. It should never have been made so difficult to see them.