Paperback copy problems

Congrats, Toby.

I'll be doing this too fairly soon, but an early glance makes it seem very similar, possibly identical, to CreateSpace, so I'm hoping it'll be fine (I've done about three books via CreateSpace).

It can be finickity getting things right, although it's handy that much of the necessary work is done as a matter of course when formatting the e-book version.

I found it a straight forward process of matching the chosen book page size to the page size in Word/Office/etc and then uploading the doc to Amazon - not pasting but uploading the actual doc.
For me this biggest issue was choosing what page/book format to use and what ever you choose, oce published by Amazon there is no scope to change it. If I could go back in time I'd probably choose a different book size but, now committed to that book size by Amazon, have decided to continue with it - to make sure every book in series matches the others on the bookshelf. Slave to Amazon? Maybe but Amazon has been great in enabling low volume availability of books in your hand.

At long last, I've got the proof copy through from Amazon and it's looking good (unlike this bad photo). As you can see, I've very pleased and relieved!

All it needs now is for Amazon to give it the final go-ahead and the paperback will be available to buy!

20190228_190426.jpg

Back