Ive searched every possible title to this book!!! Please Help

kmartinez670

The book is about these characters that wake up in different rooms. No one knows each other and most of them can't even remember how they ended up in this room. Once they break out of their rooms they find out that they are in this abandoned facility and as far as they know its just them (there's like 5 or 6 of them) the peculiar thing is that there's this little girl that doesn't talk much and they are intrigued why she's there. As they try and find more people and something to tell them where they are, they find they are not alone after all. there seem to be these shadow-like creatures that follow them but they can't seem to actually get a visual on them. Eventually, they come across this abandoned house where they find a journal from the past where they find out that everyone just started disappearing and it had something to do with the facility they all had to find a way out of from the beginning. The characters also learn about the creatures they had a feeling that was following them and they find out they are creatures that watch from afar and get you when you least expect it. I remember that for some reason one of the characters climbed inside this abandoned car and just sat there until one of the creatures ate him whole; I think he wanted to kill himself and he knew that the creatures would come for him if he just stayed in the car. This was the first time the characters actually got a glimpse of the shadow-like creatures they read about in the journal. As the story progresses they find out that the mysterious little girl is somehow able to control them and she has in fact been the antagonist the entire time who has brought all the characters to this purgatory and she's been the one leading these creatures to them.
A little background I remember. the characters find out they are in some sort of purgatory. One of the characters is a girl who is in the army because it turns out that in her timeline shes fighting a war. All I remember is before she was sent to the purgatory she had a boyfriend that she was trying to get to and suddenly there was a flashing light and all she remembers is waking up in the room. She eventually gets back to her timeline but things have changed. she is sent to a different timeline where (because when they find a way to get back home, they are all sent back right before the flash happened) she does not have a boyfriend, she is still fighting the war but right before the book ends she kills her once boyfriend. shes in a timeline where she never met her boyfriend and in fact her "boyfriend" is in the opposing team shes trying to fight.
The title of the book is something like Vortex, Shadows, portals, it's a one-word title and the cover is this barely lit hall (i think that's the facility they all woke up in).