(Found) Need help finding western movie

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
Hello all,

While strictly not scifi, I am asking for assistance locating a film that I watched with my parents 5-10 years ago. They don't recall what it is that I am looking for, but I am looking for a western movie. If I recall, the plot involved the male character chasing a female character quite a bit. In one scene, maybe where they first meet there was a tub in the middle of the bar or their/his room. I do not recall which character was sitting in the tub, but I seem to recall that it was the male character and the woman walks in. Perhaps she drops something in the tub or tries to shave him??? The tub scene was the scene that stood out to me. It left an impression...so I sure would like to see the clip again. ;)

Anyhow, eventually they both get out of the tub and they are chasing each other around some house or hotel with a porch. If I remember correctly the movie was pretty funny so it might have been a comedy from the 60s or 70s I say this because I do know the movie was in color. I'm 29 my parents are in their sixties. So it was one of those, "Here watch this classic movie you've never heard of," type nights which I quite enjoyed.

I do not know the actors who starred in the film but charlton heston, Clint Eastwood, and John Wayne are good guesses for the male lead. Those are three favorites of my parents. So any tips would come in handy.

Upon further thought:
I realize that this movie might be a western spoof and that the tub scene may be a classic in westerns. I haven't watched many western. Sorry if the task is bleak...

Last edited:
Yep, lots of bathtub scenes in westerns. The Missouri Breaks, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...maybe The Cheyenne Social Club?
The one I remember that specifically involves a woman is an iconic film, and it's a famous scene (though it comes about, I think, after the woman is raped by the male lead). It's High Plains Drifter, Clint Eastwood, and this scene:

The Beguiled & The Good, The Bad... also star Eastwood.

Blazing Saddles, Shanghai Noon, and Maverick all utilize bath tubs too.

What about Support Your Local Sheriff or The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox?

This brings Lee Marvin to mind, maybe Cat Ballou or possibly Paint Your Wagon, both of which I love but haven't watched for yonks. Clint Eastwood is also in the latter.

Last edited:
Sam Peckinpah's comedy The Ballad Of Cable Hogue maybe?
laballatadicablehogue.jpg

You know this Peckinpah western gets forgotten , maybe because there is not a lot of action in it, but it is excellent
It had
Jason Robards
Stella Stevens
David Warner
Slim Pickens
L. Q. Jones
in it doing a wonderful job. Stella Stevens had been sort of playing a lot of throw away roles and she proved she could be an excellent actress in this one.
Recommended.

@Cli-Fi I was just saying Blazing Saddles had a bath scene... other than that, it is not what you've described.

@Cli-Fi I was just saying Blazing Saddles had a bath scene... other than that, it is not what you've described.

I don't think there is a scene in that like you described

On second thought maybe not. I did see that movie though, and rewatched that bath scene. HAHA. Not exactly what I described. So Saddles might have been making fun of another scene I remembered from a different movie.

I believe that this is the one! The tub looks familiar. It's in a bucket in the middle of the bedroom. With the hot girl rubbing him down. I guess I was off on the main actor, but now I seem to recall why it left an impression on me. Ms. Hildy must have left quite a mark on me so long ago. I confirmed it by watching a couple more scenes on YouTube and I seem to remember more of it now, especially the musical part. Thank you!!!!!!!

PS I have no idea why my parents showed this movie to me now. lolz.

Yep, lots of bathtub scenes in westerns. The Missouri Breaks, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...maybe The Cheyenne Social Club?
The one I remember that specifically involves a woman is an iconic film, and it's a famous scene (though it comes about, I think, after the woman is raped by the male lead). It's High Plains Drifter, Clint Eastwood, and this scene:

The Beguiled & The Good, The Bad... also star Eastwood.

Oh wow. I definitely saw the clip that you posted, but that is not the clip that was in my memory. As I did not remember any shooting, but I do remember the clip. Clint kept the cigar in his mouth the whole time :ROFLMAO:

I was gonna guess "Waterhole # 3", but I can't remember if there was a bathtub scene.

PS I have no idea why my parents showed this movie to me now. lolz.

For a Sam Peckinpah Ballad of Cable Hogue is pretty tame, there is no out and out nudity (nor much violence) in the film even with the bath tub scenes. In fact it is the 2nd most tame Peckinpah movie, Ride the High Country is probably the most conventual movie of his. Ride the High Country is one of the best western films its kind and is sort of forgotten.
If your parents had of shown you shown you Pickinpah's 1969 The Wild Bunch I would have been surprised !