Shadow and Bone and Six of Crows coming to Netflix

Juliana

95% tea
Supporter
(I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in TV...)

Just saw that author Leigh Bardugo posted on Twitter: "This is real. Shadow and Bone AND Six of Crows are coming to @netflix. The #grishaverse is about to come to life."

Here's the article from Den of Geek:
Shadow and Bone: Netflix To Adapt Grishaverse Book Series

I really liked the Six of Crows duology, and I hope Netflix does as great a job as it's done with other shows!

Interesting. I liked the Six of Crows sequel better than the first, but it definitely seems like a series that would adapt well. Netflix gets this right more often than not, so here's hoping they do it right.

I read and liked the Grisha trilogy. A well-made dramatization would be very welcome.

Haven't yet read Six of Crows, but I keep meaning to.

Sweet, these books are pretty good.
I'd like to see six of crows become a nasty, gritty TV series. I pictured the world being quite dark when I read it.

Interesting! I've been contemplating reading those, will have to make sure I do before they release the show. *Sigh* Far too many YA (and non YA) books to read, and far too little time.

I watched 'Shadow and Bone' on Netflix last week and I really enjoyed it so muchI bought the books too. I finished the first volume last night. Unfortunately, I will have to wait to receive the other two books as not available in Amazon stock yet.

Netflix took some liberties as several characters are not in the book. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading it. The author created a fascinating and unique world and I can't wait to read and/or see what will happen next.

Who can give me some details about 'Six of Crows' ? Should I expect the same characters as in 'Shadow and Bone' or an entire new world ?

It kinda looks a bit cheesy to me, but it has Ben Barnes in it so...

I read the OG trilogy before, and like the adaptation so far. (Have only watched the first episode.) And they've done a good job incorporating the Six of Crows side of the Grishaverse, too.

Who can give me some details about 'Six of Crows' ? Should I expect the same characters as in 'Shadow and Bone' or an entire new world ?

Six of Crows is very different in feel; while the Shadow and Bones trilogy is very much traditional fantasy style, the Crows duology is heists and gangs and plot twists (and magic, too). Personally, I prefer the Crows books, but I'm a sucker for a good heist story.

Re characters, Crows is centered on Kaz Brekker's gang. So recurring characters are Kaz, Inej and Jesper, as well as Nina, who I haven't seen yet (not in E1) but at that point in time I don't think is in Kaz's gang yet. This story takes place before the Crows books, so it works as a sort of prequel for Kaz and Co.

So it is possible that in Netflix series they made a mix of characters. In the book we do not have Kaz, Inej, Jesper and Nina (will be in the next episodes). This means I wil have to read Six of Crows, too ! :D

They take characters and setting from Six of Crows, but not plot (like I said, it's set before the events of Six of Crows). But the Crows duology is excellent, I thoroughly recommend it!

I have already placed my order. However, I will have to be patient until all books available. I suppose that those who watched the series on Netflix ordered the books too like me.

I liked the plot they added with the characters from Six of Crows. It makes the series more interesting. I can't wait to watch the 2nd season.

Just watched the first ep on Netflix this eve and... erm. It's alright, I guess? Seems a bit samey and kinda reminded me why I don't really read fantasy anymore. (Daft names for things, for example). Had no idea what's going on. Also made me feel old as most of the characters look like they're about 18. Not really a fan of elemental power stuff as it's been done to death but will wait and see if this is done any different.

I'm about halfway through watching it. I like it, but haven't fallen in love with it. (On the other hand, very little really grabs me these days. Lack of enthusiasm could be more about me than about some of the things I've been reading or watching.) But there's quite a bit of Ben Barnes, Mouse, so there is that.

I haven't fallen in love with the series either. However, the second part was more interesting and made me buy the books. I can't wait to see how Netflix series will be for Ruin and Rising.

I finished reading Shadow& Bone trilogy. I read now Six of Crows, so maybe I'll finally understand why others prefer this one. I must admit I prefer fantasy in general, and so far I like better the trilogy.

Back