2million year old cyborg or robot helping the survivors of Humanity reach a new world

Ijm263

Emperor Admiral
Please forgive me but I will will provide as much as I can to help to reveal this lost series. There was a series I started to back when I was in high school but never got to finish. I read samples from each of the books so I remember parts of the books. One part I remember reading was “earth is dying, and humanity built a ship with survivors or colonist that would go to a planet in another star system. Then before the ship departed they were wish good luck by the orbital dockyard(or shipyard).” The next part I remember reading is “as the ship went past a planet, a rocket ship arised from the planet surface coming straight for the ship. It eventually links with the ship. The Marines on board were ready to repell the intruder(s) but the intruder was a cyborg or some kind of machine that ended up killing a bunch of marines before they were told to stand down. They let the intruder explain itself and why it was on their ship. It told them it came from a dead world. Said the race that created it died out over 2 million years ago and it had been waiting for a opportunity to escape the planet.” Next part I remember reading is “people found out that the reason the marines was onboard was because the governments back on earth new that the regions of space the ship would pass thru to get to the new world was full of hostile aliens. So the intruder told everyone to go into cryo sleep(or something similar) while he built a armada of ships to protect the original ship which he did.” That’s all I remember from those samples. If anyone can pinpoint this series I would be eternally grateful

Welcome IJm263. I don't know the answer to his question but we've got a fair track record with this. In the mean time I want to welcome you and hope that you find yourself a place among the halls of the Chrons.