China lands on the dark side of the Moon

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
It's about time. :)

From a practical point of view, it should be easier to install a human habitate on the Moon. If astronauts can survive a few months on the International Space Station, they can do it on the Moon too. Chinese are crazy (read smart) enough to try something and take the lead.

Venusian Broon

Defending the SF genre with terminal intensity
Supporter
It's about time. :)

From a practical point of view, it should be easier to install a human habitate on the Moon. If astronauts can survive a few months on the International Space Station, they can do it on the Moon too. Chinese are crazy (read smart) enough to try something and take the lead.
It's a wasteland and a dead end.

Researching how to survive on the space station is more important because that is more like interplanetary travel, something we are going to have to do a lot in order to get somewhere interesting. ;)

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
It's a wasteland and a dead end.

Researching how to survive on the space station is more important because that is more like interplanetary travel, something we are going to have to do a lot in order to get somewhere interesting. ;)
From what I read so far, it will be easier to have a human habitat on the Moon and send astronauts in outer space from the Moon. It won't be easy. The Moon is a huge empty rock right now. Well, maybe this will change in the future. Chinese managed to have a cotton sprout already. :)

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
Nah. I don't think the Moon will be ever populated like the Earth. And whatever the Moon hides on its dark side right now, Chinese found it/them first.
I prefer Queen.;)