Doctor Who: New Year Special, Resolution.( contains spoilers)

Welcome back, Daleks! Sure, you were only a 9th century scout, but you knew how to fly!
The most unbelievable part of this special -- that the TARDIS was not already equipped with a microwave.

I think Doctor Who, in its current incarnation, is something to have on while I'm knocking around the house, but it's not quite on a level where it demands my full attention. I'm not paying rapt attention the whole way through every episode.
Interesting point. I never have the tv on like this (in fact it winds me up when it's on and no-one is watching it) instead I sit down and watch it. But I see your point - in fact, it nicely illustrates what I thought was wrong with the current series; it never did demand your full attention since the plots were so light. Early series (particularly the Matt Smith run) needed closer attention.

Of course, some prefer the current version (as seen, arguably, by the audience figures) but not this viewer.

Interesting point. I never have the tv on like this (in fact it winds me up when it's on and no-one is watching it) instead I sit down and watch it. But I see your point - in fact, it nicely illustrates what I thought was wrong with the current series; it never did demand your full attention since the plots were so light. Early series (particularly the Matt Smith run) needed closer attention.

Of course, some prefer the current version (as seen, arguably, by the audience figures) but not this viewer.
I think I predicted the end of more or less every episode to be honest. I don't necessarily want my WHO episodes to have incredible twists like a shamalan film, but a few surprises would liven up the writing for sure.
Also the companions other than Graham are what make it lacklustre I think.

I had to get over the opening - Siberia, isolated South Pacific island and...Yorkshire? But I enjoyed this episode - it was easily in the top 2 of the recent run. Even the ridiculous bits were good fun (though the family should've played Monopoly or something), and it felt like there was genuine peril at times.

On the whole, I thought this episode was pretty much what Doctor Who should be.

I liked it. The only part that threw me a bit was when she said, "Me and my mates will stop you." I have never heard the Doctor include the companions that way. I've been bingeing classic Who and I've watched new who several times through. That speech is always "I will stop you." "I protect the earth." Then the doctor either destroys everyone or spanks them and sends them on their way.