DISCUSSION THREAD- January 2019- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Well, the inclusion of the Horror genre is enticing me to write pretty dark stuff; my entry's as pleasant as a root canal. But it was, strangely, fun to write.
Looking forward to reading all entries later in the month, CC

I got my story in.

I was a little bit busy with getting another story ready to be posted. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. I put it through the equivalent of a spellchecker and that was it. All I had time for. So that's done.

Now I have to work on the 300-word story.

@Calliopenjo .... The Haunted House .... Calli writes a horror story that makes us wonder about the line between bravery and stupidity in people.

@stormcrow .... A Trip To "The D Word" .... Crow puts the truth out there in a way best described as non-compliant in a society recommended torture.

@Bagpuss .... No title as yet .... Baggy writes a tale of death and rebirth, of a sort.

(Bagpuss, in your story I misread the last word by trading the "r" for a "t" which totally changes the tone of the story.)

@mosaix .... And The Neighbours Are Quite Nice... Mosaix puts a whole new twist on the definition of bedtime stories.

Parson feels like he's the only one here lately. Any discussion people?

Parson feels like he's the only one here lately. Any discussion people?[/QUOTE]

Hello my friend! Firstly..thanks (as always) for taking the time to review & comment, Second...I think it's the January malaise...everything's in semi-hibernation; even our fellow Chrons!

Cathbad: A mournful allegory of the way in which neglect of the higher virtues leads to their loss.

D.A. Xiaolin Spires: An evocative portrait of the legends of beings wholly inhuman.

scarpelius: An ironic cautionary tale about the hazards of reckless ambition.

elvet: A convincing account of the way in which turnabout is fair play.

Karn's Return: A brooding meditation upon the paradoxes of morality.

Cat's Cradle: A grimly humorous depiction of suffering which is all too familiar.

Daysman: A hair-raising story of technology gone beyond proper control.

Tisiphone: A wide-ranging parable about the highest and lowest times of life.

Calliopenjo: A chilling tale of terrors left to the reader's imagination.

D3athw4lker: A dark fantasy with grim rituals that lead to unexpected horror.

stormcrow: A darkly comic depiction of a commonly dreaded ordeal.

Bagpuss: A surrealistic bit of magic realism that offers many surprises.

mosaix: A believable report on a subtle and insidious invasion.

Back