DISCUSSION -- JANUARY 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#32)

Congratulations @Victoria Silverwolf .... impressive story.

My own story was begun the moment I saw the photo. All I could think about was what a fraud of a machine that looked like. It was clear that nothing could be done with what we saw. .... But what if someone said it had worked in a very important way???? And I had my idea.

Congratulations on a runanway win

That's not a runaway win, silly goose -- that's a photo finish! Congratulations to Victoria, and congratulations/commiserations to Phyrebrat, for a great showing by both.

I'd like to mention that the machine is actually, according to the photographer, a chocolate dispenser. So there's that.

That's not a runaway win, silly goose -- that's a photo finish! Congratulations to Victoria, and congratulations/commiserations to Phyrebrat, for a great showing by both.

I'd like to mention that the machine is actually, according to the photographer, a chocolate dispenser. So there's that.

Butbutbut... 16 or 17 votes is a runanway! Isn't it? I might be dyscalculic by I do know that :p

pH

Congratulations to Victoria on the win, and many thanks to the Fantastic Four who voted for my story.

Congratulations, Victoria. Commiserations, Phyrebrat.

For the first time ever my three votes coincided with all of the top three places. Clearly the rest of you are finally coming round to my way of thinking.

And more golden whiskery thanks -- for the hon mention, Ursa, and for a totally out-of-the-blue stealth vote, TDZ!

Congratulations for the win, Victoria! And commiserations, Ph. It were a close-run thing. They were both good dances, as David Brent would say.

Also, I ought to sing Christopher-Plummeresque-pseudo-Austrian-wildflower-related-warblings conveying thanks to the several mentions and shortlists, but kilt-flapping, poker-stripping, caber-chewing, haggis-tossing, sexy-robotic thanks to Phyrebrat, Perp, Luiglin and Daysman for the votes!

I'm obviously happy with 4 votes but, in the spirit of self-improvement, I'm assuming that I didn't get any more votes because I didn't thrust the smut/toilet envelope sufficiently hard. I shall try better next time.

Sir Reginald Rigmarole Will Return!

Back