DISCUSSION -- JANUARY 2019 300-word Writing Challenge (#32)

[QUOTE="Parson, post: 2298692, member: 13021"IAFGNCAAP --- I'm rather happy that not all of these apply to me, but I wish a few more did.[/QUOTE]

@Parson As I’m rereading some of this thread, your comment left me wondering which of the descriptions you wanted. I’m guessing A and AP? ;)

@Parson As I’m rereading some of this thread, your comment left me wondering which of the descriptions you wanted. I’m guessing A and AP? ;)[/QUOTE]

And you would be right.

Well, I've entered a 300 Word Challenge for the first time in several years. I quit entering before because I just couldn't afford the time to develop a 300 word story while I was working. I'm retired now, so.... But when I look at the quality of the stories already posted I'm worried that mine is not nearly up to those standards.

Parson, my good man, have you seen MY entry? If they allowed that kind of Mr. Ed into the horse show, they'd certainly be impressed by whatever good quality you could develop.

I haven't posted it yet but I've written one for this challenge!

(I had decided to only enter the 75 word ones this year)

Insomnia last night so I was prowling through the posts, the image caught my eye and I had a Eureka moment.

Little bit of editing and I'll bang it out there :cool:

Daysman shows us two characters revealed in believable detail through dialogue. The balance between speculation and empathy in this story is to be admired.

Ian Fortytwo creates simultaneous amusement and suspense in this witty tale. The most remarkable thing about the climax is how it manages to be both inevitable and surprising.

D3athw4lker ponders the nature of creation and obsession in this compelling story. One can only wonder is the result of one's work is worth the cost.

Phyrebrat offers an allegorical meditation upon artistry in this evocative story. The unexpected conclusion to the protagonist's performance raises questions about the minds of the gifted.

Parson presents a fable about the true and the false, as well as society and the individual. Without denying the fearful power of the mighty, the strength of the meek is celebrated.

dannymcg envisions a strange new world where rituals are performed without understanding. The result of this confusion between action and intent is sobering.

Heijan Xavier spins a mordant black comedy of the way in which relationships often devolve into domination and exploitation. The matter-of-fact manner in which grim events are related adds to the impact of the story's dark humor.

johnnyjet provides an imaginative technological fantasy of escape and struggle. The contrast between the mechanical and the magical adds to to the story's appeal.

Hi there,
Well, I've been on a roll lately with a story I've been working on. The idea came to me after watching a series of videos on eating around the world and look at my new apartment in this foreign land. I hope everybody does well here.

Shyrka pulls the reader into a strange new world at a breathless pace, in a way that makes the bizarre seem real. By showing us this imaginative setting through eyes other than out own, we learn something about ourselves.

Back