(Found) Looking for book about alien invasion

Lazzah

Hi all, I once had a book about a fleet of spacecraft that were detected heading for Earth. They had sent scouts which revealed their evil intent. The USA built a giant "Graser" which was fired at the fleet as it approached Earth and all the aliens on the spacecraft were killed. I cannot remember the author or title and am hoping someone here can help me. Thanks for reading this.

Peter V

Hi all, I once had a book about a fleet of spacecraft that were detected heading for Earth. They had sent scouts which revealed their evil intent. The USA built a giant "Graser" which was fired at the fleet as it approached Earth and all the aliens on the spacecraft were killed. I cannot remember the author or title and am hoping someone here can help me. Thanks for reading this.

Invader by Albert Fay Hill.

I forgot I even had this book... I remember they found out it worked when the alien fleet passed serenely through the solar system.

Lazzah

Thanks, that's the one! I knew the author's name included "Fay". Shame it's not available for the Kindle.