Kraxon Magazine -- Favourite Story of 2018 -- Discussion Thread

Ursa major

Bearly Believable
Staff member
Supporter
There's a new thread where you can vote for favourite story of the year 2018 in Kraxon Magazine. This thread is for any discussions you want to have about the stories.

The thread for polling is here.

Please vote -- you have three votes -- as the winning story will garner its author a cash prize of £100! (And note: you must cast all your votes at the same time.)

I have got to remember that this ends on the 30th. I'm off for all but two of the next eleven days, so would somebody please poke me if I don't look like I'm remembering to go read all these stories and vote? Thanks.

Hi, I'm a bit confused. Am I missing something here? I visited the link and it is for a vote on 12 stories Kraxon Magazine have chosen to shortlist so why is it asking us, rather than it's own readers, to vote? Or, like I said, have I missed something here?

Kraxon only publishes stories from Chrons members, and I imagine most of its readership comes to it via Chrons, one way or another. So to all intents and purposes, it is asking its own readers.

Kraxon does have its own sub-forum Kraxon but the poll gets more attention if it's posted here in GWD.

Have started working my way through. It’s going to be hard to decide.

There are two I haven't read, so I'll post here to remind myself. My favourite so far is The Glass-Eyed Girl by Samuel Poots - so that's one vote accounted for. Then I have 4 stories vying for the other 2 votes, not including the 2 I haven't read yet...

There are two I haven't read, so I'll post here to remind myself. My favourite so far is The Glass-Eyed Girl by Samuel Poots - so that's one vote accounted for. Then I have 4 stories vying for the other 2 votes, not including the 2 I haven't read yet...

Thanks so much!

Waaaaaah!!! Thank you all so much for the votes!! So excited and happy for this!

This has come after a year where I have really been questioning my writing and future so this is really validating.

Well done to everyone on their own stories, some fantastic ones there and it was really difficult to make my choices.