CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Cosmic Roots & Eldritch Shores seeks Scifi & Fantasy

The Bluestocking

Bloody Mary in Blue
In case anyone is interested:

Cosmic Roots & Eldritch Shores is holding their annual December reading period from December 21 - December 28th to consider unsolicited submissions. They want “science fiction, fantasy, myth, legend, fairy tales, and eldritch" short fiction and artwork from 1,000 words and up. They also pay 6 cents per word for new fiction and 2 cents per word for reprints.

For more information about what they are looking for and how to submit:

Submissions | Cosmic Roots And Eldritch Shores

I'm assuming a 100,000 word novel is a litle too long?

Cheers for posting this, wish I'd seen it sooner.

Great they are doing this. Short fiction of 1,000+ words doesn't help us novelists though. Good luck to those it does :)

Just a bump, I think the latest window started a few days ago.

Ha. I was just working through this and came to the submissions stage. Signed up, and discovered there's a seeming $20 entry fee for the privilege of submitting a story for the Kepler Award.

Right... well, that's unnecessarily complicated.

And I'm still not sending in a story.

Well, I've submitted. A 1,250 word story. Non-award - I can't afford fees!

I've been in a submitting mood: Three submissions to three different publications this month! Maybe one of them will be chosen?

Just bumping up this thread. They now pay pro-rates as per SFWA (U$ 0,08 a word) and are open on the 1st and 2nd of every month. They also provide feedback, but you must ask for it. PSA: this is not meant to be diplomatic critique, so be ready to read some ranting on your story!