Martian Wind

Interesting that it sounds like wind on Earth - I presume it's been amplified? Simply that the air pressure on Mars is so thin that even a raging storm will feel like a light breeze - something Andy Weir commented on when talking about things in his novel he got wrong (but allowed for dramatic purposes).

Interesting that it sounds like wind on Earth - I presume it's been amplified? Simply that the air pressure on Mars is so thin that even a raging storm will feel like a light breeze - something Andy Weir commented on when talking about things in his novel he got wrong (but allowed for dramatic purposes).

Yeah, I don't know how amplified the initial sound we hear was - given that, I assume, it wasn't really a microphone that picked it up, but the instrumentation of the seismometer.

Meantime we're just so starting to take the astounding science of getting these amazing constructions to Mars and then landing them as pretty much normal news:

Entry, Descent, and Landing | Landing – NASA's InSight Mars Lander

I know! Given the rate of failure of probes to Mars (It's 40% or so isn't it?) every success should be wildly applauded.

On a relate note, I see that already people have seen 'beings' on the surface next to the lander, from the first photographs.

... On a relate note, I see that already people have seen 'beings' on the surface next to the lander, from the first photographs.

Impossible. They can't be seen. They're hiding behind the rocks.

AR-181129319.jpg

Last edited:
It's at approximately 2-E, the long thin reflection just to the left of the edge of the copper coloured plate closest to us.

I'd guess it's a distorted reflection of some part of the craft, but others think it's a long metallic humanoid...

It's at approximately 2-E, the long thin reflection just to the left of the edge of the copper coloured plate closest to us.

I'd guess it's a distorted reflection of some part of the craft, but others think it's a long metallic humanoid...
Oh wow! Yes, I've got it. It's (the reflection) of a Martian bishop saying his prayers. Definitely!

Last edited: